Grin Technologies - Delivery Address Problem

pickworthi

100 W
I've had a problem with two consecutive deliveries from Grin Technologies. In both cases, items I ordered through their web site were addressed to the wrong address.

I have my correct address on my user account. When the order is placed and accepted, I get two emails, an order confirmation, and an invoice. Both of these contain the correct address, as given when placing the order.

Some time later, I get a dispatch confirmation email. In this, the package is being sent to a completely different address. It is not an address I have ever given to the Grin system. It is in a different county, has a different post code, and street address.

In both cases, I have replied to the dispatch email, asking them to correct the error, and they have.
But, they have not responded to my requests to explain what is going on in their dispatch process.

The address they used (the incorrect address) is a valid UK postal address. so it must be coming from some lookup system they use. But, even a casual glance at the address I gave will show that it is completely wrong.

I am posting this here in the spirit of wanting to help them fix the root cause of this problem. Two occurrences of the same mistake point to a systemic failure, and if not fixed, it will occur again.

Obviously, I am not going to post my address on a public forum. I am hoping that someone who is close to Grin management can draw this to their attention. If I were running a business that used postal delivery I would see this as a serious issue and would want to fix it. I know Grin is a well loved business on this forum, and the products I have received are fantastic. But not sending to the correct address is really an unforgivable error in my view.

I would be happy to share details on a more private channel if it will help solve the problem.

Mistakes happen, just contact Grin
sales@ebikes.ca (orders, order status, shipping, and payments)

They're probably really busy but I've always had quick response times when I emailed them, its just customers expect instant responses.

I know they were working on their ordering system in their website, during and after their move. They would welcome any issues to be reported to them. They try to set a high standard for customer service.

markz said:
But is it an instant expectation of a response

pickworthi said:
markz said:
They're probably really busy but I've always had quick response times when I emailed them, its just customers expect instant responses.

This is not a busy type mistake.

If they had not responded quickly and corrected the delivery address, the package would have been sent to the wrong address. In my experience, once a package has been collected by the shipping company, the address can no longer be changed. The error should not have been made in the first place.

Getting an address right seems to me to be a fundamental requirement for a business that delivers by mail.
I have had packages delivered to my address from all over the world - only Grinn Technologies has used an incorrect address.

I am not expecting an instant response to my query about why. In fact, my post does not mention a time frame. I know there are people on this forum that are close to Grin, I thus posted here to highlight the problem. If it has happened to me, it is very likely to have happened to someone else. As I said, the problem looks to be systemic.

Back