Bad ebay experience?

Jason27

10 kW
I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I thought I should come here and warn people about a battery seller on ebay. His name is Koyochen. I went the cheap route and bought a 36v 10ah lifepo4 battery on ebay from him. When I got the battery, it didn't work. Something was wrong with it. The quality was bad. I am not experienced enough to open up the pack and play doctor.

So then I try and ship it back, well the guy Koyochen send me a USPS prepaid label and when I take it to the post office, they wont ship it because its hazmat. So now were going back and fourth on ebay to figure out a solution. Anyone else had a problem like this with ebay sellers?

I can understand your disappointment, buying a new battery that doesn't work, but you've just learnt an important few lessons about purchasing lithium.
I can see two options- pursue the refund/replacement in which you'll be down the extra freight and you might get some help from ebay/paypal, or you can, with help from here, fix it- but this will probably void any warranty/refund option.
it may be a simple solution, things get bashed around in freight, maybe its OK except for a minor problem. if you want to try and fix it, you'll need a multimeter, some photos and a soldering iron- could be quicker and cheaper than sending it back, but you also might find out how poor the rest of it is- like cell quality- then you'll be really pissed!
At least he's trying to help, my experience is the dodgy ones don't reply :-(
hope this helps

That's who I bought a 48 v 12 ah lifepo4 pack from. KOYOCHEN I won the auction at $188. 05 back in 2017. I can't seem to get good riding range out of it though I have waited 3 years to complain since I was not riding much. It is unclear that I was ripped off. There is no proof or implication of any such thing. I just doubt the quality of his packs.

As you should doubt the quality of unknown ebay sellers battery packs.
I suggest that people buy from known sellers with a good reputation, rather then gamble on some stranger seller on any platform.

RTLSHIP said:
I just doubt the quality of his packs.

this guy only had one negative rating recently . And my pack "works." I just need to see if capacity can be restored. $188. is not a lot of money.
So I can't say this is an entirely bad experience yet. I don't consider this gambling. The jury is still out on this pack.

markz said:
As you should doubt the quality of unknown ebay sellers battery packs.
I suggest that people buy from known sellers with a good reputation, rather then gamble on some stranger seller on any platform.

RTLSHIP said:
I just doubt the quality of his packs.
after one week of prolonging charging (leaving charger on green mode), I rode bike for over 10 miles without any battery problem. So at this point, it is not nobody's fault but perhaps mine. The cells were apparently out of balance and needed time to balance.

You are not out of the woods yet, you need to keep track of the performance of the battery because you may have a weak group of cells inside the battery.

RTLSHIP said:
after one week of prolonging charging (leaving charger on green mode), I rode bike for over 10 miles without any battery problem. So at this point, it is not nobody's fault but perhaps mine. The cells were apparently out of balance and needed time to balance.

It is running much better than before. There could be a weak group or runt cells, but it has never run so well and is relatively new as it only has a few full cycles and maybe 60 half cycles.

Back