I wish to remain in Honor - Hostile ES member

Sorry post drama but apparently this guy who I'll call ~ANON has ruffled several feathers while posting and doing biz with other ES members. Something I had no idea of prior to engaging with him. How would you handle this ?

It has been over 2 weeks since his last message, he still hasn't sent any pics or provided any proof of these supposed cracks. I think I've been more than reasonable. As much as I wanted to keep his name off this... this last message just pissed me off entirely. The member's handle is "coolbobjoe".

Re: A2b swingarm

Sent: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:24 pm
Recipient: 2WheelsMovesTheSoul

Dude, frock YOU! You clearly stated 100$ for the swingarm, $20-30 shipping and the other 20-30 was the front wheel. You are a piece of shit for selling your broken bike parts in our community and for not righting your wrongs. Merry christmas ya pile go home and kiss your mother with that mouth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:23 am
by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul

Look, I'm not trying to bend you over here.

A lot of this is perspective. Apparently you've experienced some sort of prior issue with a busted swingarm. So, it's safe to say you are more sensitive and wary about the swingarm quality. Whereas, I am not you and don't have that same history, focus or scrutiny. I simply have a part on my old bike someone wants. From the saddle, the swingarm looked and functioned as intended.

These cracks you are complaining about were not exactly jumping out of the paint. To be honest, I didn't even see any, nor was aware I should be looking for them. I pulled this off the old frame and sent it to you. Even you mention this "So guess I should have had you go over this a lot more thoroughly than you did." The fault here lies with you. In no way did I misrepresent the item or make false claims about this part not having any cracks.

"So now im supposed to be out the money for shipping this back to you?" ABSOLUTELY.

I mean..... Did you even read the PayPal invoice? the part about as is, no warranty expressed or implied? maybe the part about returns... where I'll accept it and give a full refund but you are responsible for the return shipping?

This is a fairly normal and reasonable part of buying and selling from hundreds/thousands of miles away.

I'm sorry you didn't make it EXTREMELY clear about how you are or were concerned about some cracks. Your primary concern seemed to be about the torque arm. If these cracks were such a concern, you could have asked for more or clearer pics. I would have been happy to oblige if it facilitated the sale. In fact, the only time the word 'cracked' came up was in my original response (Pretty good condition, Ill take some pics as soon as I get home. Was tits until the frame cracked in half, right where the key, charge port, rear shock mounting tabs are all at.) to your PM.

Remember, you PM'd me to start this whole ball rolling. Please read through these messages and note you never stated such a concern nor did you ask me to closely inspect the swingarm for these cracks. I provided some pics, you said nothing about them, I removed that swingarm from an A2B I was riding up until 3 months ago, packed and shipped it.

I'm sorry this 5+ year old part with 1000's of miles on it is not on par with your expectations. I have not defrauded, mislead or told you any lies about this part. One of the oldest sayings in the world relates to this type of confrontation. Caveat emptor or buyer beware. (the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made)

It's real simple. I wanted to sell this swingarm and the front wheel, so I assumed the risk & paid to ship them. That was a total of $27, subtract that from $140 = $113, minus PayPals's fee of $4 = $109. This is roughly what I wanted for just the swing arm. So from my perspective, after covering your shipping costs I'm basically throwing in the front wheel for $9, an absolute steal of deal.

Now you want me to pay roughly another $15-20 to return this part back to me and give a full refund of $90? So, that $90 minus the $109 remaining = $19 minus the return shipping of $15-20 makes it so I paid you to take the front wheel off me for free.

NO POSSIBLE WAY THIS HAPPENING. Read the PayPal invoice & hold up your end of the bargain.

Terms and Conditions:
Shipping cost is included in final total.
All parts sold as is, no warranty implied or expressed.
Returns accepted, return shipping to be paid by purchaser.
Return funds will transfer within 48 hours of receiving returned items.

Returns accepted, return shipping to be paid by purchaser <- this right here is where you are assuming the risk of you not being happy, as in you not asking enough questions or for enough pics to satisfy you, prior to the sale, thus making you responsible/liable for return shipping costs.

You pay for return shipping and you get your $90 back within 48 hours of receipt just like it is stipulated in the contract.

I personally don't even want to do this because then I stand to lose all monies for the front wheel entirely. However, as a man of my word I am obligated to honor the contract as written and accept the losses. I should have made it ALL SALES FINAL, but I didn't because this is Endless Sphere and I like to support/promote the movement and want to help out the community when and where I can. In this case it's bitten me in the ass.

Bottom line: You should have asked for more pictures plain and simple.

Sent: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:56 pm
by ~ANON
So now im supposed to be out the money for shipping this back to you? why the hell didnt you disclose that there are cracks in the swingarm

Sent: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:12 pm
by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul
I take it you don't want it then. Sorry you're not happy with it.

Please return it to:

Xxxxxxxx
14xxxx Vxxxx Dr. #xxxx
Xxxxx, CA 92337

Once received, I'll refund your $90 through PayPal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:02 pm
by ~ANON
So guess I should have had you go over this alot more thoroughly than you did. There are cracks coming out of the bottom of the swingarm already. I can show you what happens next as this is why I was buying a new one... How do you want to handle this?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:21 am
by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul
invoice revised to $140

ready to ship today once paid
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:39 pm
by ~ANON
Any news on it? Otherwise I have the 140 ready to go if you can revise the invoice. Can you make sure to get it in the mail tomorrow?

Sent: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:50 pm
by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul
cool with that... still workin on it. Got a few days, he's usually just really busy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:46 pm
by ~ANON
Apartment number is XXX thank you for checking.
No worries it was supposed to be as a backup,
$140 if we can't make that part happen?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:39 pm
by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul

Here's a few pics from before the frame cracked in half.

Sent: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:14 pm
by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul
I've got it drafted and scheduled the invoice for 12/1/17. You should get an Invoice on Friday morning.

I've got your address as: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX United States - is there an apt number or anything else?

In the meantime, I'll get some pics for you and let you know about the torque arm. Still haven't heard from XXXXX yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:21 pm
by ~ANON
awesome, thank you.
paypal email is XXXXXXX@gmail.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:05 pm
by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul
alright then... I'll start drafting the PayPal invoice.

Expect to see a request from: XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com

I'll keep on my buddy about that torque arm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:21 am
by ~ANON
No worries, i've had the same cold going on three weeks now no beuno. I run the same shinkos but just got new sets. buddy can get them to me for 52 bucks shipped brand new.
have three sets of knobbies so dont need the others either.
I will have the money ready via paypal Friday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:14 am
by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul
Sorry for the delayed response...

I was sick all weekend. Didn't get any pics for you yet.

I'm still trying to locate the torque arm. I got my machinist buddy looking in his toolbox for it today.

For the swingarm, front wheel and torque arm if I can locate it, would run about $150 shipped. Obviously the front wheel won't have a tire or rotor. I'll include the quick release axle.

If you want the rotor + $5. If you want the used 'OE' Kenda tire, +$5. or 2 for $10.

I also have a pair of lightly used (<150 miles) Shinko SR714 2.25x16 for $50 shipped
(purchased and installed after the 3rd flat tire on the Kenda's)

I also have a pair of lightly used (<40 miles) Heidenau K42 2.75x16 for $100 shipped
(purchased and installed after new motor/controller swap)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 am
by ~ANON
I'd also be interested in the front wheel along with the torque plate. How much would this run me to get shipped to XXXXXXX?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:40 am
by ~ANON
Ummm dont need anything else big but torque plates? thats a bit more than what i had seen sold before

Sent: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 am
by 2WheelsMovesTheSoul
Hello ~ANON,

I'll have to check on the shipping costs and get back to you. Basic estimator is saying $20-30 for shipping. I'd like $100 for the swingarm.

Just a little FYI, it's the grey version if that matters. Pretty good condition, Ill take some pics as soon as I get home. Was tits until the frame cracked in half, right where the key, charge port, rear shock mounting tabs are all at. Had it converted for 72v, 45A, did 44mph on WOT.

Any other A2B parts/spares you need?

I've got a good BMS, the relay box near the battery, a good controller (was removed from motor), a good motor that's been converted for a std. controller (has new halls and statorade), keyswitch w/1 key, rear shock, front wheel, original seat, front shock (headtube was shortened), and a few other bits and pieces. I've also got a few spare shinko 714 tires, some Kenda's and a few 20" tubes.
A2b swingarm

Sent: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 pm
by ~ANON
How much for your swingarms shipped to XXXXXxxxXXxxxxXxxxx?

If he goes through Paypal and raises a dispute, Paypal will most likely side with him.

He can also request that you pay the return shipping of the item via Paypal.

I have been on both sides over two separate sales over the years. The above is what has happened in both cases.

Back