US distributor for TSDZ2 mid drives??

hobbyvac

1 W
I've been trying to contact recycles-ebike.com with no luck. I have a problem placing a large order with a company that won't answer phones or return calls. Can anyone vouch for this company? Im too poor to toss $1000 into cyberspace and hope something happens. There are many mistakes on their website and I can't be sure what I'll get if I can'task a question first.

Is there anyone in the US that stocks Tongshen products? I also don't want to wait 4-6 weeks for a slow boat from China.

Roshan at Biktrix can help you,

I was interested in a "TS" unit too, but decided not to use them. Noticed a pedal bike company with the same (or very similar) name and logo. Maybe that's the reason he disappeared (apparently).

Gunther @ Portland Electric Bikes has all you need including the brass gear and 52v controller. He also knows how to mount an offset ring that makes for optimal chain alignment and has access to a non-stock display mount that puts it out of harms way. He also has good pricing on shark 52v batteries. 9712127706 shoot him a text. They are great little motors!

hobbyvac said:
I've been trying to contact recycles-ebike.com with no luck. I have a problem placing a large order with a company that won't answer phones or return calls. Can anyone vouch for this company? Im too poor to toss $1000 into cyberspace and hope something happens. There are many mistakes on their website and I can't be sure what I'll get if I can'task a question first.

Is there anyone in the US that stocks Tongshen products? I also don't want to wait 4-6 weeks for a slow boat from China.

It comes from china but great company had a ebike battery from them for a year so far that is still working well.

http://www.pswpower.com/peng/pic.asp

Yep, had pretty fast response from recycles e-bike.com too; spoke with them via facebook messenger and also via email a few days ago.

aja said:
Yep, had pretty fast response from recycles e-bike.com too; spoke with them via facebook messenger and also via email a few days ago.

Just thought I'd second what aja says about Recycles E-Bike dot com; when part of my shipment appeared to be lost I got a very quick response via FB messenger with confirmation that my email and voice messages had also been received. The following day David had answers for me and the parts (delayed, not lost) arrived from China about week later. If one is not on FB then you just have to be patient with the emails.

Thanks guys, I do my best to get back to emails for recycles-ebike, and if I don't get right back we do have a number and Facebook that you generally get an immediate response from... Sorry if I missed ya! Im working on updating the site as well, but have also been working on my US site, eco-ebike.com so that is taking alot of time as well. I'm always around to answer questions, however.

We actually even provide support in the US for some of these other companies that sell the TSDZ2 FYI ;)

Anyway eco-ebike.com has everything in stock now, and more options for North American sales... the recycles-ebike.com is more straight from manufacturer with US support, so a tad cheaper, but ships from China...

I had to abandon my shopping cart on recycles-ebike.com for the following reasons:

• No SSL whatsoever. This means everything is sent in the clear (name, address, email, username, password, etc)
  • No business address. "Store Information" at the bottom of the page is clickable but it triggers no action. The map pin is inactive, so no map. Normally there should at least be an address in ToS and privacy policy, but not on this site.
  • When looking for an address or some indication of jurisdiction in the ToS, it says jurisdiction is in the "United States" with no reference to a state. If in the US, it should declare a specific state of jurisdiction. This also means there's no indication of which state secretary to query to see if there is a real business.
  • I tried to email them at support (at) recycles-ebike.com but it was returned with "<2824793632@qq.com>: host mx3.qq.com[203.205.219.57] said: 550 Domain may not exist or DNS check failed".

Some folks here mentioned having success with Facebook. Personally I do not (and would not) use Facebook. It's not a good mechanism for a business to rely on.

The whois information shows points of contact in China, and their US-focused site (eco-ebike.com) has masked their whois records with a proxy in Canada.

@eyebyesickle After a brief look at your posting history, I don't think anyone in this forum would suspect you're doing anything dodgy but IMO you should consider addressing the issues above because they raise red flags to shoppers who simply encounter the site by searching around out in the wild. I'm not sure why the lack of HTTPS, but if it's too much cost or hassle to get that going then a simple short-term remedy is to deploy an .onion site, because Tor inherently gives a secure tunnel that makes SSL unnecessary.

noviceBuilder said:
I had to abandon my shopping cart on recycles-ebike.com for the following reasons:

• No SSL whatsoever. This means everything is sent in the clear (name, address, email, username, password, etc)
  • No business address. "Store Information" at the bottom of the page is clickable but it triggers no action. The map pin is inactive, so no map. Normally there should at least be an address in ToS and privacy policy, but not on this site.
  • When looking for an address or some indication of jurisdiction in the ToS, it says jurisdiction is in the "United States" with no reference to a state. If in the US, it should declare a specific state of jurisdiction. This also means there's no indication of which state secretary to query to see if there is a real business.
  • I tried to email them at support (at) recycles-ebike.com but it was returned with "<2824793632@qq.com>: host mx3.qq.com[203.205.219.57] said: 550 Domain may not exist or DNS check failed".

Some folks here mentioned having success with Facebook. Personally I do not (and would not) use Facebook. It's not a good mechanism for a business to rely on.

The whois information shows points of contact in China, and their US-focused site (eco-ebike.com) has masked their whois records with a proxy in Canada.

@eyebyesickle After a brief look at your posting history, I don't think anyone in this forum would suspect you're doing anything dodgy but IMO you should consider addressing the issues above because they raise red flags to shoppers who simply encounter the site by searching around out in the wild. I'm not sure why the lack of HTTPS, but if it's too much cost or hassle to get that going then a simple short-term remedy is to deploy an .onion site, because Tor inherently gives a secure tunnel that makes SSL unnecessary.

Yeah, its an outdated site... the platform has problems, and a new website is being made to replace it, but the parent company primarily sells through other outlets, and are in no hurry.

I see alot of other Chinese sites with very similar issues, and alot of the addresses posted are fake on those, FYI. ReCycles Ebike is primarily a direct from manufacturer shipping/logistics coordinator. I know you don't like Facebook, but many companies are using Facebook or other social media for customer engagement, and responses are real time instead of waiting on email. Since your email didn't go through, I would wager you are sending through a server that is not commonly utilized, one that perhaps even Gmail would reject... because that issue is not typical. There is also a number to call if other methods would not working or preferred.

Now, about your statement "and their US-focused site (eco-ebike.com)" - Eco Cycles/eco-ebike.com is a US owned and operated company, which merely helps with support. How did you come to the conclusion that this is a Chinese companies US focused site?

Anyway, as you said, nothing dodgy going on at all, just an outdated website, and methods of contact that you don't prefer. I don't prefer Facebook or the phone either, so I don't blame you. I do appreciate the advice, but this is not my website, and while I advised them, I merely provide support. I was trying to update it myself, but the platform is a mess, and in Chinese, without a workable translation possible. So, I stepped back from that, opting for replacement. I am trying to get them to switch some info in the meantime though.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say something, as I have noticed you are stating in multiple places on the forum that Eco Cycles is the same as a couple other companies (recycles ebikes, Ebird, etc) - a Chinese company focused on US sales - and this statement is not accurate at all. Eco Cycles provides support for multiple Chinese and other International ebike/part manufacturers and distributors, to be clear. I'm happy to clear anything else up that may be uncertain.

Back