Beware of IMR Batteries - www.imrbatteries.com

marty

1 MW
If I am reading correctly? Seams like the failure in shipping was caused by YOU and FedEx. When you placed the order did you specify a ship to address? Did seller ship shipment to this address? If yes? They did what you contracted them to. I would say they did their part of the deal and they should be paid. As to the extra $46? That is what they charge for dealing with you and your shipping switcheroo.

If I was you, I would eat the $60 and call it a lesson learned. Cancel the Bank of America chargeback and ask IMR Batteries to ship to ONE address. That would be the address where you want to receive the package. If IMR Batteries wants another $14 for shipping? That is because that is what FedEx charges. Sorry no free shipping for you.

Why do we call it shipping if there is no water or boats?

Good luck with your battery powered what ever it is.

Also check your spam folder in your email, I've been bitten more than once by stuff that ended up in Spam and wasn't supposed to.

Also note that many (perhaps most) email providers have internal spam filters that prevent delivery of stuff to you at all in some cases. Years ago I had Cox internet, and their internal mail filters would prevent their own emails from ever reaching a number of their customers. Didn't go into the spam folder, just never got there at all. Usually this was stuff from their billing department, and offers department. Stuff from their service department would jsut always end up in spam folder, even if you whitelisted it. They never would even admit that this occurred. (I only figured it out because of friends with the same service that did get the emails, and others that didnt', and eventually worked it out).

Gmail has a similar problem of pre-filtering stuff, especially mailing lists or domains that generate a lot of traffic (like shipping companies, ebay, amazon, etc). Sometimes the problem goes away and you suddenly start getting the emails, and then you don't get them anymore, but didn't unsubscribe. Change the address at the source site to non-gmail address, and suddenly you get them again. Sometimes, if you have multiple gmail addresses, you may get them at one but not at another, even though you are subscribed from all of them.

Other services have similar problems.

Another issue is that email is often relayed between servers that are unrelated to the source or destination domain, and if *any* of them has filters that prevent passage of stuff on it's way to/from you, it'll never get there. (they usually implement these because of all the open mail relays out there that send bajillions of spams daily).

So, like texts on a phone, email is not a form of communication you can rely on.

It's always distressing to see someone become a member of ES because of a sudden burst of 'Public Service' to warn others (aka 'throw a tantrum', 'get even', 'damage business') with a post that will live on for years to come.

You requested special delivery handling directly with the carrier.

This is your problem according to the policy to which you agreed when you placed the order. Worse than that - they told you up front on their shipping web page about the responsibilities and financial consequences of this exact problem. No surprises or skullduggery on their part at all.

Suck it up and fight your own fight with Fedex - don't blame IMR Batteries for not letting you run and hide in their skirts so they can fight your fight about something outside their control.

This thread isn't about a failure of IMR Batteries, it's about another sad first lesson in those pesky details of doing business.

kreemoweet said:
This was quite obviously a failure on FedEx's part (unless it was due to misconfiguration of shipment settings on the part of IMT Batteries).
Upon learning of this, I requested IMR Batteries to resend the batteries when they arrived, and deal with FedEx about their
failure, to recoup any loss
. They refused to do this, and instead partially refunded my payment to them, withholding my
original shipping charge of $14. plus and additional $46.

From the IMR Batteries "Shipping" web page:

imrbatteries.com said:
Order Processing
Please understand carrier delays are not within our control and we cannot make any guarantees for a particular date of delivery. Any such guarantees for overnight, 2nd day, and other services are from the logistics company only.

Refused/Return to Sender/Undeliverable Shipments

If an order is refused, marked return to sender, or deemed undeliverable by the carrier due to an incorrect address or otherwise, the customer will receive a refund for the purchase price of the products less a 20% restocking fee as well as any applicable return shipping fees assessed to the parcel by the shipping carrier. USPS First Class Mail & USPS Priority include free return shipping for refused packages while USPS Parcel Select, UPS, and FedEx services are assessed return shipping costs by the respective carrier. An applicable refund will be processed once the package has been received at our facility. The original outbound shipping cost is nonrefundable.

kreemoweet said:
Hey teklektik, you better read IMR Batteries' Shipping Policy again, as you don't seem to understand it.

It still stands: IMR Batteries ripped me off, and they could well do the same to others.

:lol: Not only can I read it just fine, but I actually understand it - their policy regarding delivery is quite plain:
imrbatteries.com said:
Any such guarantees for overnight, 2nd day, and other services are from the logistics company only.

You were not ripped off but you are possessed with some need to blame someone. Sometimes everyone does their best, but stuff happens anyway and no one is to blame (shocking concept). In this case the vendor agreement leaves you holding the bag for a few bucks. That is unfortunate, but your imagined contractual obligations between IMR Batteries and Fedex are nonsense as both IMR Batteries and Fedex have already told you.

Again - my points were two-fold:

1. This thread is transparently vindictive and a completely disproportionate reaction for such a minor matter - even if you were in the right.
  2. Your interpretation of the facts belies a fundamental misunderstanding of conventional vendor/carrier FOB responsibilities - both in general and as expressly stated by the vendor.

You specified FedEx as the carrier to deliver your goods and in so doing accepted all FedEx shipping and delivery policies. These carrier policies were not forced upon you by the vendor and are entirely distinct from the shipping policies of the vendor. IMR Batteries' obligation to fulfill the order ended when possession of the goods was transfered to FedEx. There is no special contractual relationship between the vendor and FedEx - the vendor prepares the order then gives it to the delivery service you requested. At that point delivery is between you and the carrier according to carrier policies - the vendor is plainly out of the loop.

If the carrier policies were unacceptable to you, then you should have chosen another carrier. Delivery times, requirements for signatures, scheduling, notifications, etc all derive directly from your specific selection. Beyond that, no new contractual obligations magically arise for the vendor because of your choice of delivery service - there is nothing that involves the vendor in responsibilities for procedures or problems with delivery.

Short form - IMR Batteries and FedEx have already rejected your views - and I concur. Publicly litigating this silliness has not made your arguments any more compelling. Enough.

For what's it worth, I have had about 8 orders from IMR in the last few months and have never had a problem with them or the shipping. They almost always arrive exactly when predicted and everything is packaged very well. I've received well over 1,000 Samsung cells and not a single one had a problem thus far.

Kevin

Back