Bicycle Motor Works

Jolfstn74

1 mW
Hi I'm Joe, a recovering "HT" 66/80 cc 2 stroke bicycle motor enthusiast. Since 2011 I've been building, fixing, riding, repairing, selling, apologizing to customers, diagnosing, occasionally riding again & finally giving up on these hopeless contraptions. They are designed & assembled down to a price ($40 - ish wholesale) sacrificing quality, , consistency materials, castings, performance. A month of riding without a catastrophic failure in my experience was a miracle. Fun when they did work and endlessly customizable and fantastic learning experience beginning working with small 2 stroke engines, a fine hobby but hardly reliable enough to be a commuter bicyle. One of my top vendors, Matt, proprietor bicycle motor works, has been expanding into electric bikes. He's got a few models and proven himself honest in the sketchy world of motorized bicycles. Frequently answers questions & concerns himself, always attentive customer service. I figured any problems he was the vendor who would make them right. I chose the "Monster II" which consists of a (Walmart grade) Mongoose Malus fat tire 7 speed, front & rear mechanical disc brake mountain bike (discontinued) and Kyrstalyte Aosum 1200 watt rear drive gearless hub motor, 48 volt controller, thumb throttle with LED battery indicator & 52 volt 72 cell 18650 battery pack & charger for around $1200 including shipping.. Having nothing to compare it to I was and am satisfied. The few questions I've has Matt answers promptly as always. I've since learned that I might have bought the bike & electric drive components elsewhere more cheaply, but a technical resource & support as Matt provides I see as well worth the increased price. The individual rudiments were for sale throughout the consideration phase of my purchase so I'm OK with that. This sucker is faster than I anticipated. Omitting the speed limiting pedal cadence hall effect sensor, I've exceeded 40mph on flats & close to it on slight inclines even. She dislikes steep long hills. The greater northeast-of-Seattle area where I currently park my bike has a particularly bad infestation of steep grades, much to the bike motor's displeasure, as well as mine, these bloody hills necessitate me to extinguish my cigarette, put my coffee in the cup holder and actually pedal! What am I to do? Well it's all a matter of torque, right? I need more than the current setup can provide. So I ordered a front friction drive 2 stroke Bikebug engine. This one only being 26cc and of much higher quality than the HT engines, Bikebug is built off a Tanaka engine and made in USA. Triple the price of an HT but again Bikebug has a warranty and awesome customer service. They are constructing a special mount to accommodate my 4" tires included in the purchase price! It's taking a while but I'm certain will be worth the wait. So bicyclemotorworks: 5 star service. Not always the cheapest but always feel confident in your purchase. Bikebug. Net:Have yet to receive the package; but so far great communication and service. This also serves as my initial greeting to ESforum as the forum indicated for first timers to post was unaccessible for some reason, so Hello All from northeast of The Peoples Republic of Seattle! Lots of great info on here for a noob such as myself as well as for the advanced:bike builder/modder . Thank you for this great useful resource & treasure trove of information. I anticipate frequent visits!

Back