What do you think of Organic Transit?

PedalPedal

10 mW
I stopped by their old factory several years ago. I was impressed with the owner and staff. The ELF looked amazing. I had already taken a test ride on one owned by a military doctor. It seemed reasonable enough, easy to pedal and steer and fairly decent on a rough driveway.
I bought one second hand (my avatar is a selfie with the ELF in the driveway where I bought it) and loved riding it. Then I started having trouble, little things at first. But I got to the point that I couldn't ride it for more than 2 weeks without having to repair something. I finally gave up and put it in storage. For a while I was on Facebook and was actually communicating with them about parts. Things got pretty weird then.
I'm wondering if things have gotten any better lately.

Organic Transit had abominable customer service. In these days one expects online parts ordering and instruction. OT's web site only had a phone number for customer service. When you called you got a message "if you want to get your ass back on the road send us an email". This is neither professional nor helpful. On sending a descriptive email about a shifter cable they needed a picture!

Whenever someone talks to me about my ELF one of their first comments is, "I've never seen anything like this." That tells me that OT was poor at their marketing as well as customer service.

Back