AVOID THIS EBIKE DEALER

ebike3358

1 µW
Buyers beware, stay FAR away from Top Gun Bikes in Sacramento California. On March 30 2018 I paid 50% down for their top of the line ebike and two weeks later the full balance. As promised by Ren, the owner, the bike was to take five weeks to build and ship. Instead, what I received was a constant stream of feeble excuses, broken promises, missed deadlines and outright lies. After 5 months Ren instructed me to dispute the charges on my MasterCard and then pay him again on a scheduled plan that he failed to honour. At about six months he commissioned the bike to be built by another shop, but when it was ready he did not have the money to pay them so they wouldn’t release it. At seven and a half months I gave him a final deadline 17 days in advance but as he always did before, he never acted with any concern of time and then two days before the deadline tried to negotiate a later date with me. On November30th, eight months after my initial deposit I finally disputed my second series of charges (this time on my Visa card) and walked away. I would never have stuck it out anywhere near that long if this particular bike had been available from someone else. I watched spring, summer and fall pass by as my hope to ride an electric bike in 2018 never materialized. What I did get instead was incredible amounts of stress, anxiety and disappointment. This man is a lowlife and the worst business owner I have ever come across. Do not be fooled by his assurances and smiley emojis, he can not be trusted to keep his word.

That is not a good experience! What kind of bike was it supposed to be?
Maybe just build your own? There is a lot of knowledge and help on this forum available.

You should never pay in full until the bike is ready to pick up. If anything a third to design the bike and get things going. A third before or after the parts show up and the final third when you see the FINISHED bike and are picking it up that day. That last third is the builders profit, not all but could be so there’s considerable money tied up in your bike, therefore even more of an incentive to follow through.

Back