Sabvoton 72100, QS 205 V3 5000w

aquaant03

100 µW
pdx said:
Hey everyone,

I'm trying setup my QS-205 build with the Sabvoton controller. I've pretty much followed the steps on this guide, but it looks like I'm unable to connect the computer to the controller properly. My goal is to run the hall test to make sure the motor and the controller are functioning properly (these are all new parts bought from ERT a while ago).

I've made a video so that it is easier to see the problem. As this is my first hub-motor build, I'd love any insight from the more experienced/knowledgeable audience.

[youtube]oetWlddxalM[/youtube]

Thanks!
Hi ive got exactly the same problem , controller powers up red light and green light when either brake is applied ive tested the power to the throttle 4.7v to 1 side of the hall sensor 0.08 to the other , but on twisting the throttle nothing happens, I have the Bluetooth adaptor and USB, I can get them both to work but in the parameters throttle voltage shows 0.02v it doesn't increase whatever I do
My controller doesn't have an orange elock wire, and I have no key switch wired in.
Did you ever get yours working, or is it still gathering dust?
Any help please its driving me bonkers.
Regards Tony
Ive a QS v3 5000w hub
72v 32 ah battery
Sabvoton 72100 controller
Uk1 display

Nope, couldn't make it work. I take it the controller was defective/burnt to start with. I bought a replacement from powervelocity and enjoyed that for the past 3+ years instead :wink:

http://powervelocity.com/home/55-24f-15kw-sinewavesilent-controller-android-ios-bluetooth-programmable.html

Hi great you got yours working.
Mine was supposed to be tested at the factory, just connect and gave fun.
If I try a hall sensor test, the motor spins very slowly, but no matter what I do with the settings I cannot get the throttle voltage to increase.

Now I'm supposed to have the latest Sabvoton 72100, singe red wire for the ignition, do I need one?

Hi all,
I bought a kit that includes the following.
72v 32ah battery
Sabvoton72100 controller
QS 205V3 5000w hub
Twist throttle.
USB and Bluetooth connection, working
No matter what I do with the parameters I cannot get it working.
Connect colour to coloured wires and have fun it says?
So everything new, in the settings throttle voltage says 0.002v and it will not increase when twisting ive checked the supply to the throttle 4.7v to the hig connection, so can any one help here.
Ive also fitted a replacement throttle, no difference.
If I go to debug and do a hall test even with current set @ 30ah it spins solo slowly no errors coming up either.
Any ideas guys?

aquaant03 said:
So everything new, in the settings throttle voltage says 0.002v and it will not increase when twisting ive checked the supply to the throttle 4.7v to the hig connection, so can any one help here.
Ive also fitted a replacement throttle, no difference.

What voltage does a multimeter or voltmeter measure between battery ground (negative) and the throttle signal pin at the controller itself?

What voltage does a multimeter or voltmeter measure between battery ground (negative) and the throttle "5v" voltage pin at the throttle itself?

It's important to test at those points, because if the signal isn't correct *at the controller*, and the supply voltage isn't correct *at the throttle*, it doens't matter what they are at the other ends of the wires. ;)

Yesterday I did a mofset test, and got resistance only on the yellow hall wire terminal, nothing on the rest testing from both pos and neg

What specifically do you mean by "mosfet test"? How exactly did you perform this test (list all of the steps performed), what were your *exact* results during each step, and how was your meter setup, and which specific meter is it? (they do not all work the same). This will help us know what your test results mean.

However, since the problem is that you are not getting a response from the throttle (but the controller does spin the motor under certain conditions, which implies the FETs all work), I would still recommend the test I gave above, which I have quoted below:
What voltage does a multimeter or voltmeter measure between battery ground (negative) and the throttle signal pin at the controller itself?

What voltage does a multimeter or voltmeter measure between battery ground (negative) and the throttle "5v" voltage pin at the throttle itself?

It's important to test at those points, because if the signal isn't correct *at the controller*, and the supply voltage isn't correct *at the throttle*, it doens't matter what they are at the other ends of the wires. ;)

ELECTRIC BIKESCONVERSION KITSEMTBSEROAD/COMMUTINGWHAT'S NEW?

Home

News

Forums

What's new

Media

Classifieds

Members

Electric Bike General Discussion

Speed reading

Thread starterTony Harriman  Start dateYesterday at 1:54 PM  Tags

Jump to newUnwatch

T

Tony HarrimanFinding my (electric) wheels 

Yesterday at 1:54 PM

Add bookmark#1

Hi all, I've a QS 205 5000w 72v hub run by a Sabvoton 72100 controller and ukc1 display, originally it was faulty but I've finally got the wheel to turn, the display powers up and I can access the settings but not the advanced settings, even with the default passwords.
My question to you guys is , with this set up should there already be speed sensors, as I get no mph reading, or do I need an extra sensor fitted?

So finally I got this thing to work, after taking the controller apart, there was a throttle wire not connected in the multiblock.
However, I now have an error 30, no speed displayed and I can't access the advanced settings on the display.
Any ideas guys?

what wires should be connected to enable a speed reading, the display works fine apart from an error 30 and I cannot access the advanced settings.
Is there any settings that enable the display speed reading in the controller etc?

Can you guys help me with a problem I have with no speed reading on my UKC1 display.
I have a QS 5000w hub, Sabvoton 72100 controller, UKC1 display and 72v battery.
QS have told me to connect one of the hall wires from the hub, but I don't know which one and to where, any ideas?

Back