Mxus kit failure

Alexopp

10 mW
Video: https://youtu.be/ME55fRvkibY

The video says it all: I hit the gas and the motor only gives a shock.
I have over 600 km on it and worked perfectly.
I took the bike for a ride, worked well, and after some time, it stopped and gave me the short circuit error on the display.
Fortunately I have warranty but idk how long it will take to solve it with the chinese company

First two things to check would be excessive voltage drop ( battery goes to zero on throttle )... possible to rule out by putting the wheel in the air and seeing if the motor spins.

Second step requires diagnosing the hall sensors. Many diagnostic procedures can be found on the forum.

You have a warranty, so i wouldn't go opening things up on your own though, unless you're cool to invalidate it.

voltage doesn`t drop, the battery is ok. I hope the halls are ok, this motor si quite rare and hard to get parts, especially on this pandemic. I`ll wait until my friend finds out the problem, he knows this stuff.

Alexopp said:
Video: https://youtu.be/ME55fRvkibY

The video says it all: I hit the gas and the motor only gives a shock.
I have over 600 km on it and worked perfectly.
I took the bike for a ride, worked well, and after some time, it stopped and gave me the short circuit error on the display.
Fortunately I have warranty but idk how long it will take to solve it with the chinese company
What were the riding conditions/circumstances under which the motor stopped?

After a long ride, I let the bike in the rain overnight, the controller was in a waterproof bag and I also put isolation over the connections, idk if that was enough. After that night, I took the bike for a ride, I modified a setting on the KT display in order to test it, I put the C5 on 0 from the default 10 in order to test the slow start, It worked then I put it back on 10, after 100 meters it stopped working. Simply zero response from pedal assist or throttle. Motor or controller short circuit error on the display, battery voltage is normal all the time.

What is the C5 setting? If it is a current or power setting, then does going lower increase output, or decrease it?

If the setting used last increases the current or power, or increases the rate at which it is applied, it is possible that it damaged the controller itself. If it had previously worked fine on this setting, then I would expect something else assisted this problem, and based on the rain, moisture is the most likely culprit.

In that case, first I would open each connection you have, regardless of what it is for (but starting with motor-to-controller plugs, and then battery-to-controller plugs, and inspect for water intrusion, first, then let dry thoroughly before replugging.
Then inspect the controller itself for water intrusion.

Then inspect the throttle and/or PAS sensor for water intrusion or humidity collection.

Then inspect the inside of the display unit and it's handlebar control button unit (if separate), for water intrusion.

When C5 setting is 10, maximum current value is controller maximum operating
current value (ie, limit current value); when setting is 9, maximum current value divided by
1.10, when setting is 8, maximum current value divided by 1.15 and so on.
When C5 is set to 0 the maximum current value is at max but it comes slower, (slow start).

I`ll check out with my friend all the connections plus controller. I just want to be sure the motor is okay.... :|

Alexopp said:
current value (ie, limit current value); when setting is 9, maximum current value divided by
When C5 is set to 0 the maximum current value is at max but it comes slower, (slow start).

I`ll check out with my friend all the connections plus controller. I just want to be sure the motor is okay.... :|

If you unplug everything but the battery, controller, and display, do you still see the error?

E-HP said:
Alexopp said:

If you unplug everything but the battery, controller, and display, do you still see the error?

If I unplug the motor, it gives me the hall sensor error, like it does not find the motor.

From your discussion of C5, you have a KT controller. A motor/controller short would be Error 06. Never had a blown controller. Good luck. Maybe you entered C5= undefined value and it blew something.

Will the motor spin backward by hand with power on. If it's hard to turn, probably confirms motor/controller short. Unplug the cable and it should turn by hand again.

They will full refund the burned 40A controller, I`ll order a 45A one and limit the power to 85% or so, to be sure it won`t burn again.

Back