BBSHD dead Controller

Does anybody know what are the burnt parts (regular BBSHD controller) ?

Have been trying to find out and see if I can get it to work after replacing them.

Thank you [emoji4]PXL_20210207_0804199402.jpgPXL_20210207_0810151672.jpgPXL_20210207_080628294.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Here's a picture:
Brown Wire.jpg

I can't tell what it is from the picture. I have one apart at work but won't be going there for a while. The part on the other side looks similar. No markings so I don't think they were resistors or diodes. Most likely capacitors, but possibly inductors. Those parts go to the voltage regulator. The brown wire feeds battery voltage from the display to power the circuit.

fechter said:
Here's a picture:

I can't tell what it is from the picture. I have one apart at work but won't be going there for a while. The part on the other side looks similar. No markings so I don't think they were resistors or diodes. Most likely capacitors, but possibly inductors. Those parts go to the voltage regulator. The brown wire feeds battery voltage from the display to power the circuit.
Thank so much.
Exactly what I was assuming too.
Everything else seems to be fine and motor is brand new.
But it would seems like the controller is in a constant state of not turning on.

I didn't wanted to just discard as broken and open to any suggestions on trying to fix it.
It never worked [emoji23] so I might as well attempt to fix.

I measured those parts on a good board and they both measured near zero ohms. My best guess is they are inductors. You probably have a short downstream of them, most likely the voltage regulator, and they acted like fuses.

Thanks for all the help !
I rather have up on it and just bypassed the components with a strand of wire ...

It was first time I have seen it turn on even recognized by computer with programming cable.
Did a quick test with the motor and it did spin.
Atleast I feel better the motor works.
I was hoping to eventually upgrade the controller anyways.

Will try out and test few more things once I have more time [emoji3526]
PXL_20210224_034446811~2.jpg

It's possible those parts were just jumpers. Also known as zero ohm resistors. In your case, fuses.

It's always fun to resurrect something that looked hopeless. It may be just fine now as long as whatever originally blew them doesn't happen again. Something like a pinched wire could do that.

Back