how to use/activate "e brake throttle"

Sparfuchs

1 kW
Hello EV friends,

I've connected a MXUS 3K Turbo to a Sabvoton 72150 and wanted to use the "e brake throttle" connection with a thumb throttle, but it didn't show any reaction when i tried it. I've set the electric brake switch to enable, the electric brake ph current it set to 50A and the regenerative charge switch is disabled because i'm not that well versed with that topic yet and don't want to harm the battery by using the wrong settings.

So is there a context between the disabled regenerative charge switch and the not working e brake throttle ?

or how do i use the e brake throttle ?

Thanks for your help
Best regards Sparfuchs

Part 1 of a PM thread on this topic:

I assume your controller has the 3 wire connector for Ebrake?

I also assume you want variable regen?

Are those good assumptions?

If so:

First step...do you have the right programs.

1) You can't do it via Bluetooth app. At least so far.

2) You must use PC app, and then the right version of that app. There are several, only one version I know of has this option. Look where I circled.

B449F332-7F7B-48DB-B76F-971736D517E9.jpeg

Do you have this version of MQCON? And can you verify it's actually communicating with the controller. You can verify by seeing your battery voltage and throttle voltage on the left side of the same screen.

If you get this far, and it still isn't working, we can look at a couple parameters. But we need to get here first.

Part 2 of a PM discussion on this topic:

Ok...if you got this far...

I only know of 3 parameters necessary to make things work. Same picture.

99375008-E74A-48A7-8562-9CE936904E0D.jpeg

1) The first 2 are the ones circled. Set those.

2) Hit the OK button after changing each.

3) While PC still connected, when the throttle connected to the 3 wire eBrake connector is activated, the system status should change to what's shown in the picture with the arrow 20: Electronic Brake. Release the throttle and the status changes back to running or running with flux enabled.

4) If it tests OK, go to the DEBUG tab, and permanently save the settings to the controller. This step is required or it will forget the changes on the next power cycle of the controller. Then disconnect the PC, and power cycle the controller. Reconnect PC and make sure the new settings are still shown.

The final 3rd parameter is "over volt" on the BASIC tab. Ideally this should be equal to a volt or two over the maximum voltage of a fully recharged pack. Sometimes it takes a higher setting. Read this for more details:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=110447

At one point during my configuration I had all this and it didn't work. Had been working, but for reasons unknown, stopped working. The only way I got it back working was to restore factory defaults. That option is on the DEBUG tab. Then I reset all my unique parameters and it worked. You might need to do the auto learn function again. Use caution, the motor might spin backwards until you get the direction right again.

Some of the best documentation for this controller overall is at:

https://ebike.nexun.pl/sabvoton-program ... figuracja/

You will need to use Chrome and translate to English, that is unless you can speak Polish...

Good Luck! Bob

Back