UPDATE...!! NEED HELP PLEASE HUB MOTOR PROBLEMS

50m4

1 µW
Hello last week my geared hub motor quit on me. The throttle works. Screen shows mph. The motor spins in the case but the wheel does not spin. U can hear it vvmmmm spins good but no wheel engagement. Not a clue what it could be. Anyone with experience working on hub motor had to know what is causing this. Ive heard from others with same problem but no solutions. I took motor apart all looked good i checked hall sensors multimeter all checked out.

I purchased a new motor just received it yesterday did the install and. SAME damn thing. Could it be the controller? And if so how and why ??
I need help. Please anyone...with info.

Any one wanting to see short video of the problem.
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Super73/comments/lp0olk/motor_problem_need_help/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

UPDATE I fixed my motor problem with the help of this flow chart that I found on this site I want to say thank you to whomever you choose to do I do not remember your name I'm sorry you know who you are please take credit. And I want to say thank you very. Flowchart here

Attachments

• 238188A8-1DB1-4284-BCA8-0A9B9F7A20AC.jpeg
    238188A8-1DB1-4284-BCA8-0A9B9F7A20AC.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 346
Hummmm. This is a funny one...And I don't mean "funny ha-ha".

I don't know what motor your are running because you didn't tell us the make and model.

My first guess would be that the gear attached to the motor axle isn't turning because it is striped on the inside of the gear (not the outside of the gear.)

Anyway, let us know the motor manufacture, the wattage, your battery volts and amps and your controller amps. This info will help us dig deeper into your mystery.

:D :bolt:

It sounds like the motor is running in reverse. Try turning the motor backwards then hit the throttle. The motor should stop the wheel or help it spin in reverse.

Did any wires come disconnected? Does the controller have a self-learning connector? Can't be anything in the motor if the new one does the same. It does sound like wiring not correct. Color to color isn't always correct. Have used geared hubs now for at least 12 years. If you hear it spinning there are only a few ways it does that. Blown clutch stripped gears or a sheared key or running reverse. Since new one does the same not those problems with the gears.

Does the motor controller a set and have one plug to the motor or like 8, 3 large and 5 small?

Dan

Voltron said:
......Maybe the controllers are too strong for the motors.

+1

That is what I was wondering about as well.

Last month I deliberately flipped two phase wires and two Hall wires on a geared motor to make it run backward. It is sure is strange. The motor is whirring away, but doesn't move.

The OP has the problem with two different motors, so it must be the controller. Appears to be a KT controller too.

So how does a KT controller flip its wires? It cannot. This is the kind of problem that sometimes happens with controllers that have learning modes. The KT's as far as I know, do not have learning modes.

However, on the only KT controller schematic I've seen on the internet, the STM8S105C6T6 controller's pin 2 is for learning mode, and it's wired to an unused input. Maybe some debris or moisture activated it and it re-learned on its own. Maybe find it on the circuit board, jump it with a paper clip, until it spins the right way?

View attachment S06S_schematic.pdf

Back