New guy with baserunner 'Current scaling' fault

CazBilly

10 µW
Hi Guys,
I guess I Need help setting up my new baserunner. I got my wife a cheap chinese fat tire bike back in the summer and it has never had much power. Its a Nakto 36v 300w hub motor

my new standalone baserunner/CA3 arrived yesterday and ran autotune with 23 pole pairs ( a WAG from a youtube video fo a similar bike) and 15v per rev.
It ran autotune fine and seemed to be running great. Set iself to 17.96RPM/V and 23 pole pairs seemed to work. I was jazzed to test out since it seemed to have lots of power

This morning I decided to check everything on the baserunner suite basic page before putting it all back together and I turned down the motorpower to 550w as this is an basically unknown hub motor (300w 36v altho now 48v).
Now I have a fault: Faults2[1]: Current Scaling

So then, I reset the CA3 to defaults but no luck. Still Current Scaling Fault

CazBilly said:
... and I turned down the motorpower to 550w as this is an basically unknown hub motor (300w 36v altho now 48v).
Now I have a fault: Faults2[1]: Current Scaling

I don't see a setting called motorpower in the manuals. Where did you see this?

On the 'Basic Setup' tab of the phaserunner suite, under the heading: 'Motor Limits' , where it says 'Max Power Limit'. I lowered the value from 2000w to 550w.

CazBilly said:
So then, I reset the CA3 to defaults but no luck. Still Current Scaling Fault

I believe resetting the CA3 wouldn't make a difference, since you made the changes in your baserunner software. Did you try resetting the controller software (restore)?

That makes sense but I didn't know you could restore without having saved config first??? I di not save the original config so I don't think I can restore it. Willing to learn, tho!

Thanks for that tip, but I cannot find it anywhere. Firstly, it is hard to know what is the 'last screen' and I could not find any option to restore.

CazBilly said:
Thanks for that tip, but I cannot find it anywhere. Firstly, it is hard to know what is the 'last screen' and I could not find any option to restore.

I see on the screen shots in this thread, a button that says "load default parameters". Not sure if that's it.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1607986

Back