How to fix broken battery to charger plug

PASJames

1 mW
I damaged both the male and female charger to battery connectors on my 2016 SDuro Haibike Yamaha middrive with Yamaha OEM 400 Wh battery. I think the damage to both plug ends is not repairable. Where do I find replacement parts? I need a new charger to battery plug. In addition, I need to replace the plug built into the side of the battery.

What connector type is it? If you don't know the name, post some good clear pictures of them and we may be able to help find a source, or if unavailable then an alternate connector type that will fit.

Here is a review of the bike (or at least something very similar).
The one thing that is NOT shown is the battery/charger connector :(
https://electricbikereview.com/haibike/sduro-allmtn-rc/

This is a comparison between the Haibike XDURO (Bosch) and SDURO (Yamaha) systems.
https://youtu.be/BdzNNgpC_mc
This was the best picture I could get from the video: 4 pen (proprietary per video description) plug with flexible rubber boot.
Yamaha Charger Power Plug.png

You will likely need to try to get the replacement parts from Yamaha or Haibike if you want OEM replacements.

HAIBIKEUSA.COM
ALTA CYCLING GROUP
6004 S. 190th Street, Suite 101
Kent, WA 98032-2170 USA
Phone: 1-800-222-5527

I had it plugged in to the wall outlet in a dark garage and pulled the bike out not realizing it was connected. The jank did a number on both plug ends.

I attempted to repair the broken charger cable plug, but it was too badly damaged. I was unable to find a replacement plug to solder onto the cable and Haibike told me that they also were unaware of where a person could find such a plug as a stand-alone purchase. I thought about opening the battery case and soldering in a different, more commonly found four pin port, but am very hesitant to do so since the 400Wh battery works great and should have at least half of its useful life still ahead. I just sent Haibike a request for an order form to buy a new charger. Thanks to those who responded to my post.

Back