Ride+ Easy II controller problem

Cdbh12

1 µW
Picked up a used bike at auction. The bike had been sitting since Oct 2019.

It has a 48V 8.8Amp Bionx battery with an Easy II controller. The battery charged in 4 hours.

When I plug in the battery, the controller flashes with an message in bottom left saying "Prob".

I have another bike with a 48V 6.6 amp battery and the same Ride+ Easy II controller that I got last week.

Two questions -
Can I just test it by switching 1 controller from the other bike? And then switch back?

Any idea what is wrong with the controller?
Or is the battery?

Thanks.

I switched the two controllers and the auction bike controller worked on the other bike. The controller from the good bike came on briefly and then went off each time it was turned on when on the auction bike.

Now when I put the auction controller back on the bike, it turns on then goes off immediately too. The flashing "prob" is the only error code that it may be capable of...

Now I see that one of the two wires going into the docking station on the auction bike is loose.

I really cannot find much on the internet about the Ride+ controllers and error codes. Suggestions?

Turned out, it was saying “prot”. Solved by getting a new cable. The other one had broken solder.

Now I am looking for information on that controller as I am getting a BIB to hopefully diagnose issues with it in future.

I can see all kinds of info on the G2 and other controllers but nothing on the Ride+ ones.

Anyone have information on them?

Thanks

Back