Lyen 9 FET controller with 12S LiFePO4 kicks LVC too soon.

fredo gauvino

100 mW
Hello All,

The controller I repaired (9 FET Lyen Edition) is working very well with new MOSFET at 48V, but not so great on 36V. ( 12S x 1P A123 LiFePO4 )
The LVC seems to be kicking in too soon. :warn:

for context, I am building an e-Bike for my 12 YO kid, and did not want him to go too fast :roll: , but wanted to keep the option of High-Speed with a 12S LIPO battery, for me or when he grew older. :twisted:
I built a A123 battery that allows him to charge using the same powersupply than a BoostedBoard. (12S A123 also) :D

After some re-programming experimentation with XPD, I can definitely change LVC parameter, but the controller always cutoff at < 37 V no matter what I put in the LVC value... ( even 10 Volts )
Since the battery is only 1P, at 40V full charge, it sags and cutoff quickly on any spirited acceleration. :cry:
Yes I measured the sag, and it is really 37Volts.

I wrote about this to Mr Lyen, he was very helpful, but I don't want to abuse too much his support. :oops:

I don't think that I bought a controller with R12 mod or anything high speed, or that is a problem with controller re-programming.

I did some research in the forum and find out that there is a 37Volt limit somehow somewhere. And yhat it may be corrected with some resistors removal or value changes, but did not find or understand the conclusion.

Anyone have a solution before I swap this controller with another one ??? :confused:

8) You can't always get what you want 8)

Attachments

• PXL_20210418_183223092.jpg
    PXL_20210418_183223092.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 386
Back