Wilderness energy motor has additional drag.

Is it the brushed kind, or brushless? The brushed version has only two wires going into it.

Does it free up when you unplug it from the controller? If so, your controller has a problem. If it's still draggy when it's unplugged, then you have an electrical short (between phases inside or somewhere along the motor cable), or an axle bearing problem.

Brushless as near as I can tell it is the same plugged or unplugged. I ran it a little before my battery fell and got damaged so the wires seem to be okay.
Logical trouble shooting says axle bearing .
Thanks Chalo.
I feel that it might have gotten messed up being stored in a carport and got wet.
Any suggestions on bearing?

unklegrumpknee said:
Any suggestions on bearing?

The bearings usually come out from the inside of the hub side covers. If there's a lot of rust, you might have an adventure getting the side covers off. The seals of the bearings will say what size they are, e.g. "6904" or "6002". Go to VXB or The Big Bearing Store online and get replacements. When you install the new ones, be sure to press them in using only the outer race to push them.

While you have the hub open, look for loose rust or debris in the air gap of the motor (between the stator and the magnets).

Back