My hubmotor studders when starting.

Raider

100 mW
I have a kind of weird problem with my hubmotor.
Its this kit https://bit.ly/38WHV0J

Problem is this:

1 out of 10 times, when accelerating, or going from idle coasting back to power, it starts running for a second, then I get a studder from the motor before it continues to run. It's only a fraction of a second long, but its still annoying. And only ONE studder, lol..
After it runs as smooth as anything.
And its not the controller. Because it does the exact same thing with two different controllers.
And it's no different if I use the throttle or the PAS.
Tried to search for the same problem but couldn't find anything.
Anyone know what is happening here?

BTW, for anyone trying to claim that this kit is very good, it is chineese made, and as such it is "Chabuduo".
That has become the typical chineese mentality onver the last decades.
Chà bu duō (差不多) means basically "near enough" or "good enough".
Direct translation is "not much of" but that doesn't make a lot of sence.
So, that is what you get, regardless what you buy from China. Remember that.
In my case it was, broke bearings in the gear cassette, a 9 gear cassette with teeth that don't fit a normal Shimano gear system. On the inner gears, the chain skips. And the cassette it self is so soft ic could easilly be made from pig iron. :roll:
So if this kit are one of the better, I really don't want to know what the not so good kits are like..

If your motor plugs into the controller with 8 wires (3 large, 5 small), then chances are you have a broken or iffy connection on one of the small wires.

You paid your money and you took your chances.
Certainly you weren't spending enough to get anything but bottom shelf goods (which might turn out to be functional, or might be garbage). Many excellent bicycle components come from China, along with the horrible ones. It makes no sense to generalize about all of them as if they were the same.

Up until my early adulthood, the worst, shoddiest bikes I ever saw were made in USA.

l_huffy_made_in%20_usa_20161118091851.jpg

IMG_20121209_155707.jpg

I get stutters on my bike but when hitting top speed. It feels like the controller can not keep up with what the motor/throttle is demanding. But it only happens at that top extreme. Check for any frayed wires/contacts as Chalo implies. Made in China or USA is not necessarily the issue. I get the same stutter with 2 different controllers. The smaller controller stutters at 28 mph, the other at about 30.5. And this has happened many times and accepted as normal.

Back