Puzzling problem - help!

8o887

100 µW
Hi, all. I hope the answer to this is obvious to someone, but it's defeated me so far:
Simple set up: Hub motor, KT controller, LCD3, throttle, no PAS - all was fine when I switched off last night.
Now: Throttle not working, except when 'walk mode' is on by holding the 'down' button - then I can use it to accelerate. If throttle used alone, LCD3 shows the spinning symbol, but no life from the motor. It's not set to 'use throttle only after pedal assist'.
Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Figured it out:
If the PAS is set to zero on the display, the throttle won't work by itself. In all this time, I never encountered that issue. I suppose, by luck, I always had it randomly set to something else and rarely had reason to alter it.

8o887 said:
Figured it out:
If the PAS is set to zero on the display, the throttle won't work by itself. In all this time, I never encountered that issue. I suppose, by luck, I always had it randomly set to something else and rarely had reason to alter it.

I think you want P4=0, C4=0 to have throttle all the time and full power, regardless of PAS level. That way setting PAS level to 0 effectively puts you in throttle only mode.

If I set C4=3, I get throttle in any PAS level. It's kind of handy and it's kind of dangerous, as I ride several ebikes, and I expect the throttle off in PAS 0.

After one spectacular exhibition where the bike took off on me as I was walking it, whipping around in a big circle, getting airborne, and finally thrown onto the ground, breaking the battery off the frame, I think I will leave it off.

Back