TSDZ2 Will not engage - troubleshooting help

TenMile

100 µW
Hey all,

I run a small fleet of 15 eBikes and we have a handful of units wth the TSDZ2 motors that we've built up ourselves. All the motors have the VLCD5 display and we are using the OSF. Been running things like this for over a year and all has been good -- except for that one unit!!!

We've got a brand new TSDZ2 motor, installed it on a bike all set up and good to go. Quick test on the stand, everything ok. Go for 2 test drives -- about 5kms -- bike works perfectly. Go for a 3rd test drive and the motor will not engage. System will power on but the motor will not start to spin either with PAS or Throttle -- when I press the throttle I can hear a soft "click" from inside the motor but it does not engage.

Here is what I have done thus far (not in any particular order):

- reflashed the controller multiple times with OSF
- flashed back to stock firware settings
- replaced display (used one from a known good bike)
- replaced speed sensor
- tried 2 different batteries (used one from a known good bike)

All the above lead me to believe that I had a faulty controller -- so ordered a replacement and dropped it into the bike -- and the same thing happened. Bike worked flawlessly for 2 test drives (about 5kms) and now nothing.

Given I've replaced basically all of the functional parts -- the only thing I can figure at this point is that the motor itself is defective. Possibly has a bad winding or an open connector somewhere? Anyone have any other ideas? Is there a way to actually test the motor itself?

there is a way, buy this thing and in the future there will be no such problems, a very convenient thing is checked within 5 minutes for a malfunction of all the components of the electric bike. https://aliexpress.ru/item/760385920.html

Back