Rear hub weird PAS behaviour

paulstung

100 W
I'm running a 52v battery with a 1500w rear hub drive with a kt 45A controller and a basic 900s led display, the PAS is an 8 magnet type.

I've noticed that only whilst using PAS every so often it seems to pause only for less than a second maybe a full revolution of the crank and even less often it will happen again a few seconds later but for a little longer maybe 2 revolutions. It will then be fine for a few minutes then just start the weird behaviour again. It happens in all PAS power levels and never with the throttle.

Any ideas guys?.

paulstung said:
I'm running a 52v battery with a 1500w rear hub drive with a kt 45A controller and a basic 900s led display, the PAS is an 8 magnet type.

I've noticed that only whilst using PAS every so often it seems to pause only for less than a second maybe a full revolution of the crank and even less often it will happen again a few seconds later but for a little longer maybe 2 revolutions. It will then be fine for a few minutes then just start the weird behaviour again. It happens in all PAS power levels and never with the throttle.

Any ideas guys?.

check the spacing between the disc and the sensor. it should only be around a 1-2mm. Alignment is also important.

Thanks mate, I've mounted the sensor on the opposite side of the dog leg bracket and hopefully that will make it close enough. I suppose they're designed more for the old type bottom brackets and not the type with the large end pieces.. Lol

Drinking a coffee then a quick test ride. If there's no change I'll have to resort to super glue and a small block of something to mount it closer, I'll report back

paulstung said:
Thanks mate, I've mounted the sensor on the opposite side of the dog leg bracket and hopefully that will make it close enough. I suppose they're designed more for the old type bottom brackets and not the type with the large end pieces.. Lol

Drinking a coffee then a quick test ride. If there's no change I'll have to resort to super glue and a small block of something to mount it closer, I'll report back

I used hot glue when mounting the sensor when I was using the type of PAS with a sensor and disc.

Thanks mate that's exactly what I resorted to. It's a mute point now cos some little bastard stole the bike from outside my house, my front door was open, I was doing some work on it and only went inside to answer the phone and in less than 5 minutes it was taken

Realise you no longer have yours but hope I may help anyone with kunteng kt 1500w 45a controller experiencing intermittent very short power loss/cutout then back on again after a fraction of a second mine was accompanied by a clunk/ thunk noise but couldn't tell where from , not totally sure if you are describing same problem I had but I also initially thought it was PAS then the connection between cradle and bat ,cant remember exactly where but after searching forums this one and the other one :wink: found a post regarding KT LCD3 programming/settings, I see from your previous post you are familiar with entering hidden P and C menus there is also an L 1_3 menu reached by holding up down buttons again at end of other menus, think I changed l2 from 1 to 2, may have to experiment , problem solved,
as far as I know this changes firmware, but have also read it is switching is from sensored to non sensored, but pretty sure mine still running sensored and works great now though,
on separate note I had a nice Marin stolen managed get most of parts back except frame I was searching for an lx derailleur on auction site to replace one I just lost,
found one then noticed it was local so looked at rest things they selling and rest of parts were listed (morons) described few imperfections on them to feds and they returned them, is bit of long shot but your bike had some nice distinctive parts to, race face crank , promax hydro's, nice forks, going to be quite rare second hand so worth a search I think
, have had 5 bikes stolen so can empathize, managed recover 2 half so not bad odds one was from right behind my back while queuing in chip shop then seen someone on it and got back week later,
so hope yours finds its way back to you, is amazing how fast an unlocked nice bike or even locked with low quality lock gets stolen in UK, if I see your bike I shall cloths line em off :twisted: lol what goes round comes around kid, :mrgreen:

Back