Cycle Analyst V3 Speedometer doesn't show speed

Brembo_2021

1 µW
Hi guys, could anybody here help me with a problem i have.
I bought 5000w bike recently fitted with Cycle Analyst V3. Brand new boxed bike preassembled, i only had to fit minor things. Took it for a quick ride, it is super fast with a lot of torque! Honestly amazing machine! But... Noticed that speedometer always shows ZERO and odometer doesn't show the mileage covered. All other numbers (like Watts, Ah, Volts etc) change.
Spoke to the shop i bought it from, they said read the manual LOL :)
Ok. I had a look in CA manual, opened speedometer settings on CA display. The POLES count was set to 23. I changed to 1. Speedometer started to work but was showing unrealistic numbers like 70-80kph when walking with a bike. Then i changed POLES count to 6 and.....
When i walk with a bike it shows correct speed (approx 4-5kph), but as soon as i start pedalling or use a throttle the speedo shows ZERO.
What could be causing this issue? It is just incorrect CA settings or something wrong inside the bike?
It has no wheel magnet for the speedo and no pedal assist sensor, everything is inside i guess.
Can upload a short video of the speedo if needed.

Have you set the wheel diameter setting correctly?

I tried all possible wheel sizes shown in CA manual, there are over 20 of them. Still nothing. The speedo will show incorrect speed if wrong wheel size is selected when just rolling the bike but as soon as i touch the throttle it shows ZERO 😒

Possibly they attached the speed sensing wire to the wrong place. Normally it would go to one of the motor hall sensor signal wires.
Installing a magnet on the wheel with a wheel sensor would be another way to fix it.

fechter said:
Possibly they attached the speed sensing wire to the wrong place. Normally it would go to one of the motor hall sensor signal wires.
Installing a magnet on the wheel with a wheel sensor would be another way to fix it.

Seems like the wiring issue could be on the CA end, or the controller end, but weird that manually rolling the wheel 'works".

Back