Display KT-LCD3 won't turn on

Bebring

1 µW
Hi everyone,

I have a question, my neighbour have a electric bike and the brand is Enerwatt. Is from the brand HOTEBIKE I think. A 36v and 350w motor.
He have this bike for about two year and is display won't turn on anymore.
I checked is bike, everything was looking good, so I tryed to bypass the LCD and the the motor was working with PAS and throttle.
He bought another display, the KT-LCD3 where he bought is bike, I install it and the display is working.
Three weeks after, same thing, the display is no more working, won't turn on.
I checked again and if I bypass the display, everything work.

Is bike is store inside and never go in the rain with it.

Do someone know what can cause that or he is just unlucky?

Thanks all

Good Title, I encourage posting questions this way so that they can be found by others using search. I will share my experience with this KT-LCD3 problem. My display has a short cable with a waterproof plug. It connects to a waterproof plug on a long cable that goes to the controller. This connection flexes as the handlebars turn. One connector has an outer sleeve, into which the smaller one pushes into . There are arrows on both that have to line up before pushing them together. The pins have to be intact and straight. There is a line on the smaller one that has to go all the way to the end of the outer sleeve, 2- clicks. My fix : clean both plugs with electrical contact cleaner - https://www.amazon.com/CRC-05103-Electronic-Cleaner-11/dp/B000BXOGNI/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=electric+contact+cleaner&qid=1623991091&sr=8-3 , and apply a small amount of dielectric grease to them. Assemble as described.

Thanks to share your experience, but the bike have the JST-SM connector inside the frame.
I checked the connection is all clean and the bike never got in the rain too.
For now, I removed the display and installed a switch, so like that he can still use is bike but he cannot change the assist of see the level of the battery.

I can share the fact that what you are experiencing is not typical/normal. The LCD-3 display is generally considered pretty sturdy.

You need to figure out what part of that install is failing it sounds like. For instance, have you checked to see if there is power going to your connector? Is there anything stressing the cable from the connector to the display?

Probably a loose connection that shorts out the display and fries it. It maybe an obvious snag in the cabling or a hidden defect where the outter sleeve look fine but the inner wires are frayed and you'd never know.

Just get rid of the display and hook up a normal sensorless controller rather then keep spending money on a KT display for it to only fry.

https://evfittinggreentime.aliexpress.com/store/group/E-bike-Brushless-Controller/313864_211689768.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148362.8.69827ad0iJbjdo&origin=n&SortType=price_asc&g=y

If it's a JST connector, put battery voltage on the red/black leads to both LCD's and see if it turns on. That is all it needs to test. Or put a meter on the red/black pins on your connector. Should be battery voltage there.

If you're able to jumper it to start the bike, maybe the black ground wire going to the LCD is broken. I bet the LCD's are fine.

Did you check the JST connector carefully. Sometimes one of those pesky little pins get loose and gets partially pulled back, so it won't make contact. I've have seen that a few times on my ebikes. A broken ground on the throttle connector will fault to full on throttle.

Back