Infamous sw900 error 10, someone got the specifics?

Mcmattwich

1 mW
So I was repairing someone's bike and it required that I install a sw900 display. Long story short, after a couple of rides they gave me the error 10, display not communicating with controller. There is a YouTube video of a guy who managed to connect a jumper wire to two points within the display to fix this, as I have already made sure that all of the connections are good and the controller functions as normal without the display. Problem is I cannot really see on said video what he is connecting. Does anybody have the specifics of what pads need to be touching what in order to make this problem go away? Display seems to work fine, with exception to the communication, and the controller is not damaged. It's just in the video it's somewhat blurry

Mcmattwich said:
So I was repairing someone's bike and it required that I install a sw900 display. Long story short, after a couple of rides they gave me the error 10, display not communicating with controller. There is a YouTube video of a guy who managed to connect a jumper wire to two points within the display to fix this, as I have already made sure that all of the connections are good and the controller functions as normal without the display. Problem is I cannot really see on said video what he is connecting. Does anybody have the specifics of what pads need to be touching what in order to make this problem go away? Display seems to work fine, with exception to the communication, and the controller is not damaged. It's just in the video it's somewhat blurry

Yeah I have the same problem currently. Ever managed to fix it? That video doesn't show what the guy is connecting and also my Sw900 is different, different layout inside and the circuit board is a different colors. Guess this thing gets changed a bit depending on the manufacters kit it pairs with, ebikeling, etc.

The fix is a new LCD or new Generic CONTROLLER. I FRIED my LCD by using a power Hungry light using the dedicated "light line" this is a common problem with the SW900. Now I run that motorcycle light straight from the battery and all my other lights. It's not a well designed controller or LCD at all. Worse it's potted, so good luck fixing it

Back