Cannot get the pedal crank off to fit the PAS

GuitarHero1969

100 µW
Used a crank puller but it won’t budge.

The PAS is plastic. Is there anyway it could be carefully cut and re-glued in the gap?

Bike is usable and goes like a rocket, but I would always be ghost pedalling so as not to arouse suspicion!

You can use an "easy install" sensor like the KT D12L:

H3HE09P-EOsPvc3aJ4w5IUKbouO_ANE_S3MYsAoStQPv1-BoLrxReyDwKGrKCBxHSn4I11Jp_7HJ7LwYX19L4eoazFYl340Tv2XJSFNawwE2

I recently completed my first rear hub build. Runs great and am loving it so far. I read that a lot of people don’t care to add the PAS system so I didn’t, but after feeling how cumbersome it is to pedal with the extra weight, and wanting to get at least some exercise, I want to install it. Question is do I need special tools to remove the pedals? I have looked up some tutorials and they seem to be using things I don’t have. Any advice is appreciated.

Gleichnera said:
I recently completed my first rear hub build. Runs great and am loving it so far. I read that a lot of people don’t care to add the PAS system so I didn’t, but after feeling how cumbersome it is to pedal with the extra weight, and wanting to get at least some exercise, I want to install it. Question is do I need special tools to remove the pedals? I have looked up some tutorials and they seem to be using things I don’t have. Any advice is appreciated.

You don't need to remove the crank arms if you use one of the two options provided above.

If you still want to remove your crank arms, then you need the appropriate puller, which don't cost too much. Other cranks have the removal mechanism built-in. A picture would be helpful. If you try to remove cranks without the proper tool, chances are that you'll damage or ruin them.

Back