Sabvoton 150a controller cut out issue Help needed

Hi, this is my first post.
I have a 3000w 72v hub motor kit from Solos bikes UK, I'm currently using a BTRpower 60v 25ah battery( fully charges at 71.4v)
And I recently purchased a 150a sabvoton controller and when i set it all up it was working perfect until I throttled hard all the power would cut out until I reconnected the battery,
Could anyone give me any advice on what settings could effect the cut out in the MQCON app as I'm not sure if it's related to DC current or phase current, it stopped cutting out for now after I lowered the Current limiting Voltage, rated DC current, Rated Phase Current but the acceleration is quite weak and I have hard start enabled and mid voltage is set to 2.00v.
Thanks guys,,

What error is displayed in the sabvoton App?
The controller tells you if it has an overcurrent Error or not.

Is your BMS eventually cutting off?
What voltage sag do you have.

For good acceleration set high phase current 200-350A depending what your motor can take
To not overstress the battery limit only dc current to a lower value.
What is the current your battery and BMS can supply? If not known, I would start with 50A and than raise slowly.

Current limiting voltage should be sat 52-56V for your 17s battery.

I think my battery bms is peak 100a,
I have..
Rated:DC current set to 60
Boost DC current:70
Lack voltage:50
Current limiting voltage:40
Rated phase current: 140
Max phase current 160
These setting are ok and not cutting out power but when I change the current limiting voltage and DC currents/phase currents higher all power will go off at a certain throttle once the torque starts to kick in the bike will jolt forward then all power will go off hope this helps

Also what's the difference between DC current and phase current I know that DC current is from the battery and phase it to the motor but what effect do each have? Thanks

More phase current = more tourqe from start.
Your motor starts turning with under 1V at the phase , so power is only made with phase amps.
If it feels slow from start , raise phase amps.
While getting faster voltage at the phase rise and dc amps also.

When you have selected hard start, only boost current is taken.

When there is no error in the App, I would try it at first with lower dc current and higher phase amps. I would set max phase amps 50-100A higher than rated.

Oh I didn't know that thanks, so should I lower the DC amps to about 40 and raise the phase amps, also should I change the current limiting voltage from 40 to 50+? Thanks

At first I would start with 40A dc current.
Than I would raise phase current step by step, if you get no error start raising your dc current.

The limiting voltage i would change when the rest is working good.

I have the 72150 in my scooter and also selected hard start. My current never gets limited even if I set the limiting voltage higher than the actual battery voltage, nothing gets limited.
I'm running my 5kw Motor with setting max 350A phase , protect phase 450A and 150A dc. After a long travel up the hills I had once an over current Error set by the controller.
I'm running my scooter with up to 14kw drawn from my 88v battery. My controler is limiting at 165A dc.

What voltage sag do you have with 40A dc current?
Is there a BMS in your battery?

Ok thank you, also I'm not sure as on the description of my battery it doesnt say BMS it just states that the battery has a built in PCB with overvolt, overcurrent, Undervolt protection,
Also my speed doesnt seem to be correct I'm using the UKc-1 LCD and I done the Hall angle test when I first got it would it be worth doing it again?

The sabvoton App shows the battery voltage.

Do you have a motor temperature sensor?

More phase current equals to more heat in the windings from the motor. So be carefull and check your motor wires when you raise phase current.

I do not have a UKC display.
I get my informations from the smart BMS .

Lack voltage should be lower than current limiting voltage. Reaching lack voltage turns off motor.
Try setting lack voltage to 48V and current limiting to 52V .

Your 42.5V is 2.5V per cell which is way to low.
You should stay over 3V with no load and with load I would not go under 2.8V.

I'll try setting the lack voltage and see what happens when I change the phase current, also i dont think my motor has a temp sensor as it says 1860°c on the app lol

No temp sensor. Be carefull with phase amps. Raise slowly and watch phase wires temperatur. Stay under 200phase amps for your tests.

You have written 70A dc is still ok. So there is no need to start with 40A, but try it once and see what voltage sag you get. If you already have 7-10V sag, your battery may be to weak for more power.
I think the PCB inside your battery will not allow longer periods with more than 50A and cuts off.

Is there a name or number written on the motor?

I'll have a check for you, also I just changed DC current to 60 and phase current to 180, max phase current to 240, and changed mid throttle current to 180 and it's more brutal off the line and didn't cut out the only thing is the top speed seems to be sluggish and not what is was like before the changes? Any idea? Thanks

I'll have a check for you, also I just changed DC current to 60 and phase current to 180, max phase current to 240, and changed mid throttle current to 180 and it's more brutal off the line and didn't cut out the only thing is the top speed seems to be sluggish and not what is was like before the changes? Any idea? Thanks

Hi, I've done a test and power didn't cut out and acceleration is quite lethal now lol I checked see if the motor, battery and phase wires are hot and there only a little bit warm so I'm glad about that lol
Thanks for your help I appritiate it and you all have solved my problem, 👍☺️

For more speed more you must raise dc current.
Try raising dc current Step by step until it cuts out again.
I still think your battery is limiting power.

I've done some more testing and it works perfectly at 70a DC but when I crank it to 80+ amps all power cuts out at higher speeds 30+mph ish
Could it be down to a weak ass battery? Lol
Thanks

Back