Help identifying this bike.

Oldseadog

1 µW
Hello to all. I just joined and would like help to identify an ebike I picked up. I was cleaning out a shed and found this bike under a truck load of junk. They didn’t want so I thought I could fix it an use it as a commuting bike. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I need to find a charging cable and possibly need new batteries. I took the battery case apart and charge each battery individually. There are four chilwee 6-DZM-12 batteries.
Thanks
Bill

Attachments

• CE3751F2-B498-43B3-B70C-530F5E49B1C4.jpeg
    CE3751F2-B498-43B3-B70C-530F5E49B1C4.jpeg
    697.5 KB · Views: 227
12Ah Gel Battery wouldnt net you much, with de-rating probably 9 or 10Ah then add the age, usage and temp cycling through the seasons stored in the shed you'd be lucky to get 5 or 6Ah out of it. If you pedal hard maybe net 15wh/mile at 48V x 5Ah = 250Wh = 15 miles which might suit your needs, if not then look for another battery. Luckily you have a big space for some new technology, lithium ion tech which means you can go rc lipo, prismatics with threaded terminals, or li-ion but either way you look at it you will need to build it custom or just bungee cord a dolphin case in there, 48 or 52V 20Ah 30A or 40A and a new generic controller to that stock motor. 36V could be an option, all depends on what speed you want to go.

Thanks Markz
I hadn’t thought about upgrading. I was thinking along the lines of restoration. I am going to look at upgrading now though.

Back