Help with older BIONX 36 V battery rebuild with bms added

notcynical

1 µW
Hi,
Newbie here. I'm trying to rebuild an older 36V Bionx battery with a 5.2 board and wanted to add a proper BMS balancer since the original doesn't have that function. No problems at all building a 10s battery and wiring the new BMS to it, but now I'm at the point of reconnecting to the Bionx board and need some help. I tried to follow a The Battery Doctor youtube video where he added BMS and partially bypassed charging port on negative terminal but he didn't explain his work or show it properly so this is the configuration I think he did, but not 100% sure. It does appear to take a charge with the original charger but I'm unable to test if it works with the console as I'm awaiting arrival of a new 7W2S connector for the dock. I'm still not confident I've done it right and I'm just hoping there's a few battery experts on here who can tell me if I've done this BMS properly, what I'm missing, or If I've created a potential fire hazard before . Apologies for the diagram, hope it makes proper sense.
Thanks so much. Really enjoying reading some of these threads.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 533
Back