Bypassing the relay

oded

10 W
trying to bypass the Relay, and directly connect the wires together with no success.

My relay is bad, so I tried bypassing it on the Oset 24r, but unfortunately, the bike is not responding to throttle commands this way.

Rest of the voltages tested fine (battery indicator, 48v feeding the relay from the controller) work well.

Is it possible that the controller sense that the relay is inactive, and being mechanically bypassed, and prevent it?
f9b346650f72dfce9b92bfc236a4fa92.jpg
1022a047af6fed7dfa3dab01800b1783.jpg

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

What wires did you connect together?

Are you sure it is the relay?

Could it be something else?

:D :bolt:

Definately the relay. The 2 thick red wires were connected together.

The relay would not switch on, even when direct 48v is supplied.

The 2 thin wires (black and red) provide 48v to switch on the (faulty) relay.

Perhaps your controller is looking for a voltage through the small wires as well....?

e-beach said:
Perhaps your controller is looking for a voltage through the small wires as well....?

This is exactly what I am hoping to hear. This means that only the relay needs to be replaced, and not the controller.

Is it common practice for controllers to look for voltage in the wires supplying the relay, in order to work?

ZeroEm said:
Do you have voltage in the wire going to the relay?
Yes. The controller provide 48v through the wire as usual, when I switch on the key

Have you unhooked the battery wires and did a continuity test on the relay to remove guessing? By passing the relay and it not working make you think it is some thing else. Would not guess that they would check for a basic relay to be engaged.

I'm sure you have checked the basics. Just thinking out loud.

ZeroEm said:
Have you unhooked the battery wires and did a continuity test on the relay to remove guessing? By passing the relay and it not working make you think it is some thing else. Would not guess that they would check for a basic relay to be engaged.

I'm sure you have checked the basics. Just thinking out loud.
Oh yeah, continuity is fine from battery wires all the way to the relay and past it.

Since the controller is still providing 48v to the relay when battery is switched on, makes me think (and hope) that the controller is not toast.

Just buy a new 72v relay. 20$.

Back