Ikea Ebike dead wont turn on

jawzay

1 mW
Hi everyone,

I bought an ebike with an error. Its a bicycle from Ikea Folkvanlig (see photo). The problem is that the display doesn't turn on and the bike doesn't do anything. There is a green light on the battery but it appears to be dead. Any experience with this battery? could it be from bms? Can it be overhauled bu myself and brought back to life?

I have measured the plus and minus poles but there is no voltage. The battery says Ebike Smart Battery 36V but looks like a Chinese-made Yose Power battery. Hopefully I can easily replace the bms or the batteries if that is the problem.

please your help

62467CEA-62ED-424F-8478-1913C0F9F10B.jpeg
FC97717E-2BBC-4D26-9C4B-F57ABBE7416E.jpeg
45B0C0DB-3F44-4F13-8A6B-C79A2AF59D29.jpeg

Can you just return the ebike to Ikea?
When did you buy it?
Battery sticker says 09/2019
Could be a proprietary system. You might have to buy a $700 battery from Ikea if its still even for sale. Thats the biggest problem with propriety systems, just bend over and be prepared because the sand and grit, its a coming

Ikea is pretty good about returns I would assume. I bought many a shittty junk from Ikea, I like their cheap cafeteria food and exit kiosk food when your walking around in the store. I went in their the other day for a $15 shelf that had the right dimensions to fit under my desk, I know Ikea is junk but the f'ing display model was wobbly and bent.
Why on earth would you buy an ebike from Ikea?
How many thousands?
Hopefully you scored and bought it used for $100 :mrgreen: in which case you keep the rear Bafang Hub I assume? and buy a cheap $40 controller, sensorless, whatever voltage you want to match battery and buy a new generic, non proprietary battery.

By the way, this is Ikea for ya - a recalled bicycle :lol: :lol: has a belt chain :lol:
IKEA recalls SLADDA Bicycle Due to Fall Hazard
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/product-support/recalls/ikea-recalls-sladda-bicycle-due-to-fall-hazard-pub99f99f21

Gold plated terminals on connector are corroded. One of them is green. You need to clean it off and also look at the receptacle where the terminal goes in.

Tommm said:
Gold plated terminals on connector are corroded. One of them is green. You need to clean it off and also look at the receptacle where the terminal goes in.

Thanks but there is no sign of corrosion also in the terminal

markz said:
Can you just return the ebike to Ikea?
When did you buy it?
Battery sticker says 09/2019
Could be a proprietary system. You might have to buy a $700 battery from Ikea if its still even for sale. Thats the biggest problem with propriety systems, just bend over and be prepared because the sand and grit, its a coming

Ikea is pretty good about returns I would assume. I bought many a shittty junk from Ikea, I like their cheap cafeteria food and exit kiosk food when your walking around in the store. I went in their the other day for a $15 shelf that had the right dimensions to fit under my desk, I know Ikea is junk but the f'ing display model was wobbly and bent.
Why on earth would you buy an ebike from Ikea?
How many thousands?
Hopefully you scored and bought it used for $100 :mrgreen: in which case you keep the rear Bafang Hub I assume? and buy a cheap $40 controller, sensorless, whatever voltage you want to match battery and buy a new generic, non proprietary battery.

By the way, this is Ikea for ya - a recalled bicycle :lol: :lol: has a belt chain :lol:
IKEA recalls SLADDA Bicycle Due to Fall Hazard
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/customer-service/product-support/recalls/ikea-recalls-sladda-bicycle-due-to-fall-hazard-pub99f99f21

How did u know that haha. The bike was exactly $100 (€85,-).

I hope to repair it and keep it original. Is there a way to bypas the BMS? Transfer the wires?

jawzay said:
Tommm said:

I think that's the green Tommy spotted.

How about just get one of those cheap used scooter battery to try it out.

The battery mounting connector look like the power tool kind with 4 slot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211026_024920.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026_024920.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 357
Skippo said:
jawzay said:
Tommm said:

I think that's the green Tommy spotted.

How about just get one of those cheap used scooter battery to try it out.

The battery mounting connector look like the power tool kind with 4 slot.

Its the green PCB, no corrosion.

I opened the battery but couldnt measure all cells. 15 of the 30 cells measured and all exactly 4.17 Volts on.

I forgot where which connector belongs when i reassembled the battery, but clicked everything back and strangely enough, the display turns on. The display does indicate "ER" so there is a storage somewhere (engine light flashes) see attachment. And now the battery doesnt want to charge anymore, status lights doesnt falsh anymore. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyone have an idea?

Attachments

• C3EAE7F5-EFB1-41D9-8E56-CB8E5010C190.jpeg
    C3EAE7F5-EFB1-41D9-8E56-CB8E5010C190.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 331
I see Error 30H is a common error. It can be the controller/Wires/Display.

Can i read out the controller by usb? Wich software do i need?

2153DAC1-5845-4F6B-A8BF-97939A8ABD3A.jpeg

Does anybody know where i can buy a replace controller for this ebike? I cant find the same controller. It has julet connector. (WZKD3612KA)F31838A3-03B7-442E-A865-E230FF515F97.jpeg

Back