Bike stopped and motor feels weird

2JZNOSHI

1 mW
I was doing a pull and my bike shutoff and the bike slowed down very quickly and it fell gritty like gears.

I then peddled the bike and it was very hard to peddle as the motor was creating a resistance.

The bike is the same with the battery on or off

This is the first time I took my bike on a proper ride

Any suggestions ???

Does the resistance ease up when you unplug the controller? If so, you burned the controller. If it's the same whether the motor is connected or disconnected, you burned the motor.

i havent disconnected the controller from the battery, but when i disconnect the battery from controller its still the same.

are u sure my motor is burnt as ive only ridden about 30mins on it

2JZNOSHI said:
i havent disconnected the controller from the battery, but when i disconnect the battery from controller its still the same.

are u sure my motor is burnt as ive only ridden about 30mins on it

To see which one is the likely issue, you need to do the test Chalo describes. Disconnecting the battery doesn't test for either possible problem, unfortunately. (it does test if the system is stuck in "lock" or "antitheft" mode, as that only works under power).

All the phase wires are correct and the hall sensor was plugged in however my display didn’t work so I couldn’t set up anything through the display

2JZNOSHI said:
All the phase wires are correct and the hall sensor was plugged in however my display didn’t work so I couldn’t set up anything through the display

I guess if you did everything right, then you should probably see if you can get your money back from the seller.

2JZNOSHI said:
ok i will try disconnecting everything tommorow, buyt does anyone think my motor is burnt as i only rode like 30 mins on the bike

i think you should just throw that bike away, it's toast .... :shock:

or if you want, do like what Chalo says and then test for your self so you know. much easier on the wallet then buying another ebike. :lol: at least you will know for sure if it's the motor or the controller. :D

2JZNOSHI said:
Sorry for the late updates guys, I plugged in my other oem controller and the motor freed up all goods.

Turns out my controller died

I think if you would have followed Chalo's advice from his first post, you would have figured that out right away, but it's good you eventually got it going and can ride.

Back