Error code 03, Q100c motor with S06s controller

Lakepirate

1 µW
Hi.
I need some help with a rebuild. I bought a Q100c kit from BMS battery years ago. Installed and ran it for years and then the motor finally gave up. I bought a new Q100c motor and installed worked fine for around 500 miles and then lost most power. It would only do like 2mph at full throttle. So I started checking wires and battery connections and found no faulty stuff. I suspected the controller and took it out and visually did not see anything fried or looking bad. Lost at that point I started with a new controller. The kit was a 36v 350 watt bottle battery kit that included the S06p controller and LCD1 display. The new controller I got was the S06s with the LCD3 display. No luck with that. I got a new throttle, no luck there. So the motor must have failed, got a new one and still no luck getting it to turn. So basically I have replaced every part and wire. The display lights up and shows a full battery and all the normal stuff, but when I turn the throttle I get error code "03 info". I believe this is indicating a problem in the motor or the wiring from the controller to the motor which are brand new and hooked up just as before.
Will the Q100c not run with the S06s controller?
Is there a setting adjustment with the controller/display that I need to change?
The PAS in not hooked up and never was and I unhooked the throttle and tried the walk mode with same error code.
What testing should I try?

Thank you for any info!

03 is motor hall issue, likely one or more have failed.
One can try running the motor with hall wires disconnected at the controller or carry out tests to see which ones are defective.
It gets expensive and frustrating willy nilly buying parts without knowing which to buy.
First of all check there is 5v on the Black and Red 5v hall wires (set meter to 20v dc), then test the other three thin coloured halls Green, Blue and Yellow to Gnd. One should see 5v and then 0V as the hall switches by turning the wheel by hand backwards, if the voltage on any colour hall wire is static then the hall has failed.

Solved! I read this somewhere but as I am learning about Ebikes as I go it didn't hit me right away. The difference between the S06p and the S06s is the S06p is sensor less and S06s has to have the hall sensor leads hooked up. The configuration I had before did not use the motor sensor wires so I didn't think they would work that way. New controller new configuration! It is working now without an error code but I still have to string all the cables and mount the display until I can give it a test drive.

Back