pedal assist sensor

Gastric

1 mW
hi i have just had to replace my pedal assist sensor and im installing it on the non drive side when i pedal forward the motor engages it also engages when the pedal are turned backwards instead of free pedaling i cant change it in settins as it is just a led light controller can anyone suggest a pedal assist sensor that would work as it should please

Ha. I just had that problem last week. It was not this seller, but it was this sensor, Worked both backward /forward. Ran my bike into the wall putting it away. Blue, yellow, red wires with no ID. POS. Back of mount has 1 screw and three alignment studs in a straight line. Lot of amazon sellers have it. POS.

https://www.amazon.com/Assist-Electric-Bicycle-Assistant-Magnets/dp/B0783PPYKX/ref=sr_1_28_sspa?crid=2WC2DU59ND5QF&keywords=pedal%2Bassist%2Bsensor&qid=1640498516&sprefix=pedal%2Bassist%2Bsensor%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-28-spons&smid=AVUYM0ARNYWYA&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyM1MySkRPMlRDSkFIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjk0MjM2M1JVNkVRNlNQVVlESyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODQ1Mjg1MVFNU0oxVDdUN1pKMCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Never had a problem with the orange ones, except they take a month to come from China.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142710094324?hash=item213a2f39f4:g:XqYAAOSwlY1ZJ~mU

Maybe try one of the integrated ones.

Less to go wrong with the integrated sensors, like this KT-V12L (L stands for left, or non-drive side); no alignment issues, so you just need to make sure the wiring lines up.

hi i have just put a five magnet pedal assist on and when you pedal the bike forward it turns the motor on as it should and when you pedal backwards it also turns the motor on I also tried it with a twelve magnet one and it did the exact same can anyone help me could it be because I havnt put brake levers with electric cut out on any help would be greatly appreciated as it’s puzzling me now
the led panel is just one with three levels of assist and not digital

docw009 said:
Ha. I just had that problem last week. It was not this seller, but it was this sensor, Worked both backward /forward. Ran my bike into the wall putting it away. Blue, yellow, red wires with no ID. POS. Back of mount has 1 screw and three alignment studs in a straight line. Lot of amazon sellers have it. POS.
so have you fixed it if so how did you do it
https://www.amazon.com/Assist-Electric-Bicycle-Assistant-Magnets/dp/B0783PPYKX/ref=sr_1_28_sspa?crid=2WC2DU59ND5QF&keywords=pedal%2Bassist%2Bsensor&qid=1640498516&sprefix=pedal%2Bassist%2Bsensor%2Caps%2C167&sr=8-28-spons&smid=AVUYM0ARNYWYA&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyM1MySkRPMlRDSkFIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjk0MjM2M1JVNkVRNlNQVVlESyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODQ1Mjg1MVFNU0oxVDdUN1pKMCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX210ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Never had a problem with the orange ones, except they take a month to come from China.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142710094324?hash=item213a2f39f4:g:XqYAAOSwlY1ZJ~mU

Maybe try one of the integrated ones.

Gastric said:
docw009 said:
so have you fixed it if so how did you do it

I went to my box of PAS sensors and found another one. It worked.

This detail from the LCD3 user manual (above bike was an LCD1 which doesn't have this option) shows how the PAS sensor uses an assymetric pulse output to signal forward/backward pedaling. Maybe the cheap unit was too close to a balanced pulse.

diagram.jpg

think my problem could lie with the controller as i bought a dual hall magnetic strip sensor and its still doing it i cant do anything with the controller as i dont have a lcd panel just the one with led lights

Back