Tongsheng TSDZ2 Motor Fried then trouble updating OSF

captainepic

1 µW
Hoping someone can help me. I lent out my wife's ebike and the motor got fried. My bad. I ordered a new motor from Eco-cycles and installed it. Then I learned that my motor controller was fried as well. So I ordered a motor controller and installed it. Now the 860c controller starts up but gives the message E:4 motor blocked. I tried unplugging throttle and various other suggested solutions. I believe that the 860c display and the motor controller have different OSF versions and that this is causing my problem. So I ordered the cables to update the firmware. Unfortunately the only Windows computer I have is an ancient Dell from 2005. When trying to update the motor controller I kept getting errors. At first the program wouldn't connect with the USB, so I reinstalled the driver. It would then get halfway through and say verify failed (see picture). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• tongshengfail.jpg
    tongshengfail.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 200
captainepic said:
...I ordered a new motor from Eco-cycles and installed it. Then I learned that my motor controller was fried as well. So I ordered a motor controller and installed it. Now the 860c controller starts up but gives the message E:4 motor blocked. ....
imho if you order a new controller, the stock firmware is installed, which mostly is incompateble with the 860C, or this display must flashed for that. If OSF was flashed on the old controller and the 860C display, than it is important to know which version that was, so you can flash that same version to the new controller.

If I look at your picture, I read that the USB tool isn't recognized.
It could be missing or wrong USB driver, wrong wiring or a wrong tool.
Because STVP works I don't think it is the age of your system.
The tool for flashing the controller must be a STV2link
The 860C is flashed with a bootloader box (USB2Uart)

If you have all from EcoCycles, maybe it is best to follow their guide too.
Flash guide for controller you find there

Back