Throttle not working (again)

eMbleM

1 µW
have strange throttle problem, PAS works , throttle and walking speed doesnt
controller is 18fet aliexpress controller . now trying to find which pin is which one ..
do i need to connect something before throttle works ??
fetch
motor is working and also hall sensors , i got also LCD5 which also works fine
and doesnt give any error messages .. What should i do ?

First, your thread title is "Throttle not working (again)". This means it wasn't working before, which implies that now it's not working again it did work between the two times.

What was wrong with it the first time, and what fixed it?

Well , last time i changed stm8s105c6t6 chip . i had one damaged controller so i could take it from there ..
now im out of stms , BTW how do you program those ? could i just order one from aliexpress and program it ?
i hope theres easier solution , because soldering those smds is kinda annoying..

eMbleM said:
Well , last time i changed stm8s105c6t6 chip . i had one damaged controller so i could take it from there ..
now im out of stms , BTW how do you program those ? could i just order one from aliexpress and program it ?
i hope theres easier solution , because soldering those smds is kinda annoying..

Is this a KT controller? If the MCU failed and you're not replacing it, what are you trying to achieve now?

A failed MCU is pretty unusual. Typical things that kill those also kill alot of other parts on the controlelr and often elsewhere on teh bike, as they often involve reverse connections of the battery, using batteries of much higher voltage than controllers are "rated" for, or damaged motor phase/hall wires that allow battery power to short to low voltage stuff inside the motor and controller and accessories. Another is a throttle with a battery meter or "ignition" switch on it that carries battery voltage--water ingress or cable damage can short the battery voltage to either the 5v supply from the MCU, or the throttle signal to the MCU, either of which can destroy the MCU and other parts in the controller and elsewhere on the bike (the throttle itself, particularly).

What killed the MCU the first time?

What other steps have you performed for troubleshooting the problem this time, and what specific symptoms does the system as a whole exhibit?

So far the list appears to be (making assumptions because you don't have any detail in your posts, which can be very important for remote troubleshooting):
--System operates (normally?) via PAS, but not from the walk-mode button(s), and not from the throttle.
--System does not detect any errors and display them for you.
--you've verified you get the correct voltage at the throttle itself, referenced to it's ground wire
--you've reset the system to defaults for all settings
--you've tested your display with another controller to verify it's operation is correct
--You've tested your motor on another controller and verified it works correctly, or you have tested it manually to verify phases and halls work as they should

If any of those assumptions is not 100% correct, or I missed anything, please post the correct versions, in as much detail as possible.

More detail is always better, to help others help you with remote troubleshooting--we are not there with you and cannot know what you have or haven't done, or what exactly is happening or has happened, unless you tell us. ;)

One thing to verify I don't see listed yet is to verify the output voltage of the throttle varies from around 1v or less to around 4v or less while moving it. Posting the specific voltage range measured during this test may tell us if the throttle is working correctly.

Note that PAS wouldn't work to drive the motor if the motor didn't work, so there isnt' really a need to test anything about the motor. Except for the case where a hall/phase combination is wrong or a hall is failed/not connected, and starting forward motion by pedalling then allows the motor to start forward because now it "knows" which direction to go; this only works in the case of a direct-drive hubmotor, not a middrive or geared hub.

Regarding "trying to find which pin is which one": What specific device are you talking about? The controller? Throttle? Display? Cabling? Motor? ?? From your later post, can I assume you mean, which wire is which on the throttle itself?

Note that some controllers that come without a throttle connector are programmed to not even read the pin you would connect one to. So if the MCU you are using on this controller came from one that didn't have a throttle plug, it may not be capable of having one at all.

Additionally, if the donor controller had throttle problems, it could have a damaged throttle pin on the MCU.

Additionally, if something electrically damaged your original MCU's throttle pin, it could have also damaged your throttle (probably did) and also any other electronics between the throttle input pad on the controller board and the MCU pin (which would prevent any throttle from working on the system).

Note that if you don't have a programmer (bootloader) for the MCU you want to use and programming file for it with the specific firmware you want to use, there isn't a way for you to program a bare MCU to become a controller.

There is opensource firmware (OSFW) by Casainho, stancecoke, et. al., with threads about it here on the forums you can find, and github, etc., that works on some (most?) of the KT controllers, so you might be able to use that; don't know if it works on a new MCU or if only on already-programmed ones.

Back