Fully charged battery blinking red Batavus

jai134

100 W
A friend of mine has got a problem whith her Batavus ebike. It is fully charged (five dots) when she starts riding but it then looks like it is almost empty, it starts to blink red. She arrives at her destination as expected. Next time she starts the bike it's showing green light (four dots) as it should but again it flicks between green and red and then goes to red blink.
A mechanic told her it could be a sensor at the pedals and said he fixed it. The problem persists, though.
Any thoughts what could cause this?

jai134 said:
A friend of mine has got a problem whith her Batavus ebike. It is fully charged (five dots) when she starts riding but it then looks like it is almost empty, it starts to blink red. She arrives at her destination as expected. Next time she starts the bike it's showing green light (four dots) as it should but again it flicks between green and red and then goes to red blink.
A mechanic told her it could be a sensor at the pedals and said he fixed it. The problem persists, though.
Is it only the indicator and the bike rides fine, or does the bike stop working when the indicator shows empty?

jai134 said:

A pedal sensor should have nothing at all to do with the battery level or battery monitor.

If the bike operates normally with absolutely no symptoms other than the battery monitor failure, then the problem is just the battery monitor.

If the bike has other symptoms, we'd need to know exactly what they are, and when they occur relative to the battery monitor issue.

Which specific model of Batavus is it (there are quite a few very different ones according to google)?

Is the battery monitor in the battery case? Or somewhere else on the bike?

E-HP said:
jai134 said:
Is it only the indicator and the bike rides fine, or does the bike stop working when the indicator shows empty?

It's only the indikator after what I know. She has indikators both on the handlebar and on the battery but wasn't aware of the one on the battery so we will see if they differs. I'll be back..

jai134 said:
E-HP said:
jai134 said:

It's only the indikator after what I know. She has indikators both on the handlebar and on the battery but wasn't aware of the one on the battery so we will see if they differs. I'll be back..

Can you provide a picture of the handlebar indicator?

Back