Need help wiring TF 100 6 pin throttle to controller

tommyct88

10 µW
Hello everyone, i need help with wiring TF100 6pin throttle to controller that doesnt have coresponding connector... also if anyone can assign functions to controller wires for rest of the scooter... Thank you :)

here are the images of controller and throttle connector

WrN0lUG.jpg

KTUEiBH.png

You'd need to know which wires are which on that throttle to hook it up. If it came with no diagram and no info on the site it was purchased from, you may have to open it up to trace where each wire goes (color is no sure indication of function).

For us, without even knowing what things the throttle has on it, or which kind of throttle sensor it has, it's not even safe to guess what wire would be for what function.

Regarding the controller: If you have a smartphone or tablet, you can use Google Translate app to take pictures of the (probably Chinese) writing on each connector, and it may do a sufficient job to at least let us help you figure it out, even if the results don't make sense to you, if you post the translation results here. :)

Some things we might guess without that, but a guess can be wrong enough to break things.

ok i tryed the google translator and this is what it translated, also i opened the throttle to check where the wires are soldered.
here are the new photos:

qAJHhFV.jpg

8PDrWN9.jpg

Blue wire is cut off and not used.

tommyct88 said:
ok i tryed the google translator and this is what it translated, also i opened the throttle to check where the wires are soldered.
here are the new photos:

qAJHhFV.jpg

8PDrWN9.jpg

Blue wire is cut off and not used.

That's a display combined with trigger throttle. The display controls certain functions for the controller(s) it was designed for. It appears that you purchased the controller and display/throttle separately, rather than as a pair/kit. It's highly likely the throttle won't work with your controller. You may be able to get the throttle itself to function and possibly the speedometer function to work, looking at the available wires.

As E-HP said, that display unit is unlikely to work with your controller.

I think I see the hall sensor itself, sticking up out of the board at "U2"; a black unit with three silver leads going straight down into the board.

If you don't need any of the other functions of that unit other than the throttle, you could solder 5v, ground, and signal wires from the controller's throttle connector (probably number 9, translated as "change") to the pads the sensor is attached to on the board, and just use the sensor itself.

If VCC on this display is like many displays and uses battery voltage (can't tell from the available information), then you could wire battery positive + to the VCC wire, battery ground (-) to the GND wire, and then the display will itself power the throttle sensor. Then you can just solder a wire to the signal pad of the throttle sensor (probably the pad closest to the letters DMS) from the controller's throttle signal wire (and leave the controller's 5v and ground throttle cable wires not connected). In this case the display will be powered but it will not be able to talk to the controller--only the throttle itself will work, not any of it's other functions.

Regarding the controller wires:
1 is what you use to tell the controller how to spin the motor correctly. Usually, once everything is all wired up and ready to go, you make sure battery power is off. Plug the two ends of 1 into each ohter, then turn on the battery power. Wait a moment and the wheel will spin; if it spins in the right direction, turn off batteyr and unplug the 1 connectors from each other. Now when you turn it on each time it knows how to drive the motor. If it spins the wrong direction, just repeat the steps a second time.

2 and 3 you won't use unless you have a compatible alarm system (if you don't know, then you don't have one). Just leave them not connected.

6 is used if you have a taillight on a scooter that is turned on by 12v or more, and activated by your brake lever. If so, you connect this to the light's switched wire, and then it will engage whatever braking this controller has (or just turn off the motor) whenever you brake. If you don't have a light like this then don't use the connector. Same if you don't want an ebrake function.

7 connects to the motor's hall sensor wires, as noted in the translation. Since it has self-learn on wire pair 1, you can just color match your hall wires; it doesn't really matter except for 5v and ground.

8 If you have a three speed swtich (usually a rocker or toggle with three positions left center and right), you wire this to that switch. The default with no connection at all is the middle speed. The other two are as labelled in the translation.

9 should be the throttle connector, for a standard no-extra-functions/no display hall-type throttle.

10: standard ebrake wires for a lever that has a two wire switch in it that shorts the wires when the lever is pulled and doesn't short them when it is not pulled. If you don't ahve a lever like that, don't use this.

11 If you have a trike, etc., where being able to back up via motor power is handy, *and* your motor is a direct-drive hubmotor in the wheel (not a geared hubmotor, and not a middrive), then you connect the two wires using a momentary switch or a toggle switch, etc., to change the direction of the motor spin. (it doesn't spin the motor on it's own, you still have to use the throttle for that).

I don't know what the following are for, and don't have any guesses:
4, 5, 13. They are probably not used for your bike.

These are guesses:

12 is probably the KSI keyswitch/ignition wire. For the controller to work, a KSI line has to be connected to battery positive. If you have a keyswitch or other independent "on/off" switch (not the button on a display) that has no other wires / etc going to it now, you can use that to do this connection. Otherwise you can just permanently connect the KSI to B+ if you are going to turn it off by disconnecting the battery each time.

14 is probably a direct tap off one of the motor phase wires, used for the speedometer input on some scooter dashboards. It's full battery voltage in pulses from the motor, so you don't want that touching anything else by accident (that's why it has insulation around the whole bullet connector). You probably don't have a dashboard like that, so you wouldn't use this wire.

Found diagram for that hall sensor, you were right the most right leg is output:
s-l640.jpg

ill try to rewire it as you said just for the throttle control and if i add 3 position switch for the 3 way transmission connector, i should be able to "set" the speed for "low mid high" which was basicly in functions of the display throttle.

the key ignition switch on scooter has segment display and 3 wires, keyswitch 2 wire and one green probably for the display which should be the number 14 i suppose and it should display speed if i understand it correctly.

I will try to make it work from the info you guys helped me with and will give you my results :)

Thank You!

tommyct88 said:
the key ignition switch on scooter has segment display and 3 wires, keyswitch 2 wire
If hte keyswitch has it's own separate wires you can use those.

If it doesn't, then it is almost certainly wired only to be read by the control circuits inside the display, and in order to use it you would have to completely disconnect it from those circuits (or blow them up, possibly including the hall sensor for the throttle, when you connect battery voltage to the keyswitch).

and one green probably for the display which should be the number 14 i suppose and it should display speed if i understand it correctly.
The green 14 wire is not just a speed signal, it is almost certainly a "copy" of one of the motor phase wires, carrying full battery voltage from the controller (modulated to power the motor, plus feedback voltages from the motor's spinning.

Your display/throttle thing will NOT work with it (to a 99% probability of destroying the display/throttle thing pretty thoroughly by hooking that green wire to it).

That green 14 wire is only designed to give a speed signal to very specific scooter (motorcycle type) displays.

As i understand, i should be able to do this:

The key switch is simple on/off switch so im planing to just rout through that it n.12 to battery to basically have key lock on the scooter.

Then bring the battery Vcc to throttle Vcc contact, Ground to Ground that should power the Hall sensor and ill get the output leg and connect it to n.9 green, also on n.9 red to battery positive and black to ground. That should just use the throttle function without the display.

Then adding 3 way switch for 3 speed transmission for low (Black+Brown shorted), medium(nothing shorted), high(Black+Blue) speed switching.

then i can connect:
n.7 to motor - it have same connector
n.6 to tail brake light
n.10 to brake lever (have to check if it has the correct switch inside, otherwise it will just work as disk brake with normal steel wire)

Hi tommyct88,
And welcome to the forum! :)

tommyct88 said:
also on n.9 red to battery positive and black to ground.

Please DO NOT do this as it would probably ruin the internal 5vdc voltage regulator of the controller! :(

Just use the signal input wire of the controller (n.9 GREEN) connected to your display/throttle assembly's hall sensor output (controller throttle GREEN).. And leave the RED and BLACK controller throttle wires alone. The RED wire is used to provide 5vdc regulated controller power to a throttle. Putting full battery voltage to it is unnecessary and would probably be damaging.

tommyct88 said:
n.6 to tail brake light
n.10 to brake lever (have to check if it has the correct switch inside, otherwise it will just work as disk brake with normal steel wire)

Activation of a brake cut-off circuit is generally just needed by one of the circuits. Ether High, or low, but not both... your choice.

tommyct88 said:
The key switch is simple on/off switch so im planing to just rout through that it n.12 to battery to basically have key lock on the scooter.
What is the switch already wired to?

Then bring the battery Vcc to throttle Vcc contact, Ground to Ground that should power the Hall sensor and ill get the output leg and connect it to n.9 green,
That will probably work.

also on n.9 red to battery positive and black to ground.
That will blow up your controller and the throttle, by putting battery voltage into every 5v device in both of them.

Do NOT connect ANYTHING to the controller's 9 connector red or black wires, if you are using the wiring you described first in the quote above (hall sensor output leg to 9's green).

n.6 to tail brake light
You only use one of these, not both.

Back