Tongsheng display issues. 88.8

Lewie

1 µW
[/img]Hi. Had a bit of an issue with my tongsheng tsdz2 in that where the xh18 display lead joins the lead to the motor 2 pins broke off. Motor Was still working but display didn't show! Much. Would turn on but couldnt change speed etc. Well decided to try a new vlcd6 display. I removed the broken pins from the female connector going to the motor.joined it up but just showing all 8's on the display. Won't turn on or off just turns on with battery on. Can I replace the cable to the motor and if so where could I get this lead? I had to cut some of the plastic around the Fermale connector. I think it's dirty connections or pins maybe touching each other.. Thanks

What specifically and exactly happened to the system leading up to the pins breaking off?

(They would not just break off on their own, inside the connector, without some outside event helping.)

What specifically makes you think there could be pins touching each other?

What specific troubleshooting / repair steps have you already performed? (besides the ones listed in your post)

What made you have to remove plastic from the connector?

Lewie said:
[/img]Hi. Had a bit of an issue with my tongsheng tsdz2 in that where the xh18 display lead joins the lead to the motor 2 pins broke off. Motor Was still working but display didn't show! Much. Would turn on but couldnt change speed etc. Well decided to try a new vlcd6 display. I removed the broken pins from the female connector going to the motor.joined it up but just showing all 8's on the display. Won't turn on or off just turns on with battery on. Can I replace the cable to the motor and if so where could I get this lead? I had to cut some of the plastic around the Fermale connector. I think it's dirty connections or pins maybe touching each other.. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Where I have unplugged the cable numerous times to plug into the computer and change the settings. I've been a bit slapdash and ended up bending the pins. I've taken the unit apart today and think I'm going to order a bare controller unit from China and hopefully that'll do the trick. 👍

Back