TSDZ2 or HL battery problem

jpg001

1 µW
Hi to all,

This is a question about a combined kit TSDZ2 + a classical Chinese HL down tube 48V recent battery.

1. I once made a short circuit by putting the (locker) key erroneously (and stupidly) into the charging entry, and there was a spark.
Before that the bike was running fine but after that I had no power.
I decided to charge the battery but this would not work as the plug from the charger short circuited again and burned because the battery charging entry had been misformed by my key.
2. As I could not find easily a replacement for the plug, I connected the red and the black wires of the charger and the battery directly with a home male/female plug. This is supposed to be provisional of course but I use it for testing further.
3. Then I tried to reset the BMS (which I supposed to have protected the battery by disconnecting) and I did that by disconnecting the white plug (for balancing charge), applying power from the charger and reconnecting the white plug.
4. The battery started charging: i.e. the indicator on the charger was red, and after a few hours it turned green
Results:
- the battery indicator shows full charge (see pic)
- the voltage at the output to the cradle shows the following:
there are 5 poles labelled +, 1, 2, 3, and -; (see pic)
tensions are:
+to1 = 53.5; +to-=53.5; +to3=0; +to2=0
-to3 = 53.5; -to1=0; -to2=0
1to3= 53.5; 1to2=0.
From this it seems pole 2 never has voltage. Some document from the battery seller seems to say 2 is unused.
So we could think the output from the battery is correct (?)

- WELL..., when I put the battery on the cradle the battery indicator on the bike screen (see pic) shows only one bar (whereas the battery indicator on the battery is showing full charge) AND the TSDZ2 DOES NOT RUN.

Then I also tested the Andersons connectors from the cradle to the motor and there I also get 53.5 V which implies the motor also receives the right voltage. But apparently the display/controller is not measuring the right voltage, assumes the battery is empty and does not open power.

The purpose of my post is to ask opinion on what is still wrong and is preventing the battery to give power to the bike.
I have a spare BMS ready to install on the battery, but I doubt strongly that the BMS is at fault here, as charging the battery is working ( and the BMS cuts when charged or is it the charger ?) and the battery is full and is giving power at the output. I tried again this by connecting a bulb to the poles of the battery for some time and it is discharging (the bulb lights on) and after some time it accepts recharging again.

Hopefully someone thinking out of the box will have an idea about cause and solution ?

Thanks to all interested by this post.

JPG

Attachments

• 20220430_133917.jpg
    20220430_133917.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 198
  • 20220503_140622.jpg
    20220503_140622.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 198
  • 20220503_141930.jpg
    20220503_141930.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 198