pedal assist drops out on ezee motor with cycle analyst

wardjewell

100 µW
I have searched the forum and outside the forum for anything on this and have not found it.

I put an ezee motor on my wife's recumbent trike in 2018. It has the C3625-EZ controller, V3 cycle analyst, and PAS-12P pedal assist sensor.

When using pedal assist, the motor loses power briefly every second rotation of the crank - every 720 degrees. She can feel the loss and I can hear it. In setup mode, the CA indicates (with the p/d arrows) 12 steps per revolution. I tested it for several revolutions, several times. When it is operating, the PAS indicator on the CA shows that the signal is lost every 2 revolutions of the pedals.

I checked all the settings, and they have not been changed in at least 2 years. This is a new problem. The motor works normally with the throttle.

I installed a new magnet ring but not a new sensor. I have the sensor and can install it but it does not make sense that it only misses every 24th pole on a 12 pole sensor. I used a gaussmeter to check all the magnets, old and new, and they are all in the 3.0 kgauss range.

I upgraded the firmware from 3.11 to 3.14 but the problem is still there.

I am really lost on this one. Any suggestions anyone has are most welcome. Thanks for your help.

If you're willing to experiment, and since you have an extra disk, you could try popping out every other magnet, and see if it takes 4 revolutions instead of 2. That might help let you know if there's a sensor issue, or something with the CA.

E-HP said:
If you're willing to experiment, and since you have an extra disk, you could try popping out every other magnet, and see if it takes 4 revolutions instead of 2. That might help let you know if there's a sensor issue, or something with the CA.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Back