Tongsheng tsdz2 won't power on suddenly

I built the ebike over a year ago, 48v battery. Ride it weekly, today I went to turn it on and nothing.

I have two bikes with the same build, so I switched the battery and the battery is good. Checked the connection with a voltmeter and main power connectors are getting 53volts. (which is what it always has after a fresh charged.). I unplugged and plugged all the connectors back in and still nothing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm not really sure how to test any of the connectors for voltage, but that would be the next step perhaps??

Thank you in advance!

Update, I switched the Displays and power buttons between the bikes (they both have Bafang 850C). The power button worked on the other bike, but the display did not. So I think that will be my next step, replacing the 850C display.

New question is, do I need to do anything to use a new Bafang 850C with the Tongsheng tsdz2? Or is it just plug and play? I can get a DPC18 much faster and for about $15 more, can I use that with the Tongsheng tsdz2, and is it plug and play or would I need to flash firmware?

Thank you in advance!

JacksonAction said:
.... do I need to do anything to use a new Bafang 850C with the Tongsheng tsdz2? Or is it just plug and play? ....
If you have all stock and stock FW, you can't replace the display for another random display of Bafang.
If you want Plug&Play, you need a display which can communicate with the Tsdz2, which means it must be special made for Tsdz2.

JacksonAction said:
... 850c that came with my TDSZ2 is meant specially for it?
.... dpc18 can I reprogram it .....
Yes, the Tsdz2 can't work with default Bafang displays.
Imho there is no custom firmware for Dpc18.

But it is important also to know what firmware is flashed on the controller.
This because it could be that this is custom firmware. In that case a stock Tsdz2 display can't work too.
I know some sellers (like EcoCycles) sell Tsdz2 with preflashed custom firmware and 860C as an option.

Back