I need some help bad please. I have a thumb brake with 3 wires red+ black- blue is the information wire or something.

Jeremyb002

100 µW
minde28383 said:
PeeHell said:
If my controller has the variable regen wires (red, brown, black), does it mean that the switch brakes (72v on the purple high brake wire) won't work without a second throttle ? Do I have to press the ebrake lever and the turn the second throttle ?
Could I permanently connect the red and brown wire of the variable regen to mimic a full throttle on the regen or it needs to read 5v only once the ebrake levers are pressed ?
A lot of question for something so simple...

no, you don't need to use a second throttle. Just use you high brake wire 12v / 72v purple one. I guess that's the answer you was looking for:) For high brake to work do some changed on app.

"connect the red and brown wire of the variable regen to mimic a full throttle"
Never heard to do so. Just use high brake wire.

Question my controller has brown and purple wire and I bought a thumb brake that has red black blue.
Do I connect the 5v to the red on the thumb and the black on the black of the controller and the blue to the purple?

I need some help bad please. I have a thumb brake with 3 wires red+ black- blue is the information wire or something. My controller has purple and black wire. How do I hook this up? Please help

to control throttle you need three wires, two - not enough.
Either you are looking at wrong plug or something else. Send photo, we'll see.

The controller has high and low brakes. I'm trying to use the motor to brake. I bought a 3 wire escooter electric thumb brake. Is there a way I can hook it up?

I didn't want regen I just wanted to use the motor for primary brake. So the low brake on the controller isn't for motor braking? This got me so confused. Is the controller not built for motor braking ?

there are several controller version. If you have version without variable regen than you don't have variable regen option, but you still have regen which can be activated with on off switch or throttle release function (regen initiates from certain rpm once you release throttle)
so make pic of your connections or look at wiring schematics online or look into manual to determine what version version of controller you got yourself.

Jeremyb002 said:
I didn't want regen I just wanted to use the motor for primary brake. So the low brake on the controller isn't for motor braking? This got me so confused. Is the controller not built for motor braking ?

i doubt that your controller is without regen at ll. all version have regen afaik.
low brake might just disconnect power and high brake might initiate regen brake but different people or manuals might call these low and high brake functions with different names so don't get confused, always try to identify what stands behind that low and high brake functions for specific controller.
should be following:
high brake - regen
low brake - disconnect power only.

You need only to short out contacts to initiate low or high brake. Schematics are online, and in my repository, if u don't find it online i can send it here

this 1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220514-182429_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220514-182429_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 419
High and low brake just cut off the motor when a brake lever is squeezed.
Low is for 5v input, high is 12v. Usually high is used in something like a maxi scooter that has 12v brake lights.
But neither of them trigger regen.
So yes, maybe your controller doesn't do regen.

Back