PAS slow to respond

Nixtoo

1 µW
I have a cheap ish 250W 36V front hub from CSC. It takes 4 complete turns of the pedals before the motor starts. The motor also seems slow to accelerate. It has a sw900 display.
It’s slow compared to my GSM mid drive and my son’s ‘switch kit’. The PAS sensor distance makes no difference, neither does adjusting the sensitivity in the controller.
Any suggestions greatly received.

You could use a magnet ring that has more magnets. If you need something closer to 1/4 turn of the pedals before it starts, you would need 16 times the number of magnets it has already. How many does it have now?

If the display has a setting for how many magnets the PAS sensor has, and it's not already set to the right number, you could try that. If it is set to the right number, you could try telling it there are 16 times fewer magnets, and it should then respond that much more quickly.

Nixtoo said:
I have a cheap ish 250W 36V front hub from CSC. It takes 4 complete turns of the pedals before the motor starts. The motor also seems slow to accelerate. It has a sw900 display.
It’s slow compared to my GSM mid drive and my son’s ‘switch kit’. The PAS sensor distance makes no difference, neither does adjusting the sensitivity in the controller.
Any suggestions greatly received.
A picture of your PAS sensor and information about your controller and display (If any) or pics would be helpful.

How do I add images? I’ve tried changing the number of magnets in the setting down to 5 (should be 8 magnets) the PAS still took 4 crank turns to engage the motor. I have photos, but am struggling to upload

Back