BBS02 vibrations under load

jtekken

1 mW
Hi, I have a question for you. I have a Bafang BBS02 middle motor, where I changed the battery for 52V, (fully charged is 58,8V) originally it was 48V (fully charged is 54,4V) I successfully flashed the controller according to the instructions to accept a 52 V battery The motor has a controller designed for maximum 60V. With the new battery I have a problem with high gears and heavy gearing (I understand that this is not driving but sometimes I don't have time to change gears) that when the engine is assisted at low rpm, when the engine is giving the most power, there is a momentary noticeable vibration in the pedal, the engine seems to split before it gets up to speed. Do you know what this could be? When driving I measured if there is a bad contact on the leads, connector etc, see the picture with the eggrider display which monitors the operating values, but the battery is too hard. So the battery or its bms is not the problem. The controller has a 25A voltage limit of 58,8V when the battery is fully charged, so the peak power is around 1400W. Otherwise, the motor has an effective speed of 130-150 rpm and I suppose the change in voltage has raised it a bit, so I don't know if it's related? Otherwise the controller has 9 IRFB3077 mosfets, three on each phase. Thank you for your feedback.

I’m confused is it 48 or 52v.

When you say” sometimes I don't have time to change gears)”
Are you using your throttle from a dead stop without shifting.

When you say” sometimes I don't have time to change gears)”
Are you using your throttle from a dead stop without shifting.

I don't have throtle installed at all. I mean PAS 8-9 i.e. high level of assistance and 11-13 cog.

jtekken said:
I don't have throtle installed at all. I mean PAS 8-9 i.e. high level of assistance and 11-13 cog.

So you’re not shifting to a higher gear from a stop? If yes you may have created the issue.

A BBSHD will take it. BBS02B will get stressed.
IMO to run a BBS02B we should use the gearing. It’s a bike riders motor and can be damaged by starting from a dead stop in 11-13

Yes, it happens sometimes, when you don't have time to change gear before the traffic lights. I don't do it on purpose, but sometimes this situation happens. The problem is that with 48V the vibrations did not occur and with the new 52V the engine vibrates with this inappropriate combination.

jtekken said:
Yes, it happens sometimes, when you don't have time to change gear before the traffic lights. I don't do it on purpose, but sometimes this situation happens. The problem is that with 48V the vibrations did not occur and with the new 52V the engine vibrates with this inappropriate combination.

Firstly unless you get an overvoltage 07 on your display there should be no difference
BUT when you lug the BBS02 and BBS02B you'll definitely create a problem.

Did you ride the bike before the build and did you not shift then?

Back