Bafang M420 error code 35 & turning off randomly

npcspellen

100 µW
Hey folks,

I have a cortina e-common ebike with a bafang m420 mid engine. On this forum i found a way to unlock the speed limit from 25km/h to 45 km/h. I did this and it worked great for over a year.

After a year i had some condensation in my display. They replaced the display under warranty. Than... the problems started...

After they replaced the display the e-bike started to randomly power off while driving. On some days it won't even turn on. I have no idea what the issue might be. I reverted the settings to 25 km/h so i can bring it to a bike store and let them check it and see if they don't notice the previous speed unlock so i can do it under warranty.

But.. before i go there. I am wondering if someone has any clue what is going on since it also produces error code 35 now (attached in a file here).

Kind regards,

Nicky

Attachments

• IMG_8496.jpg
    IMG_8496.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 345
The displays in most of these systems contain the power-on logic and latching; the cable between the controller and display has a connector that includes both power and "keyswitch" wires as well as the data lines to communicate between controller and display. The waterproof connectors on these are often a bit hard to seat fully and properly.

If the connector is not fully plugged in, it could cause the power on problem, and could also cause communication problems that could give other errors.

I'd try reseating the connector between controller and display first, before anything else. While it's apart, check it for corrosion/etc., if you can see into it.

Hey folks,

My bafang m420 gearsensor is flashing red when i power up the bike. Is this normal? I never noticed it before. And since my ebike gives error 35 i am wondering if it is connected to eachother or not.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8550.jpg
    IMG_8550.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 311
npcspellen said:
My bafang m420 gearsensor is flashing red when i power up the bike. Is this normal?
I looked around but couldnt' find any operational info on it's LED output, even at the designer homepage
https://gearsensor.com/products
so I don't know if that's normal or not.

What does the LED do when you shift gears?

What did reseating the connections do, for the previously posted problem above?

Were there any signs of water intrusion, corrosion, etc?

Back