Bafang G310 clutch

ayukawa

100 µW
Hi, I'm strongly suspicious that the clutch on my G310 needs servicing. I have very intermittent behaviour. The clutch seems to be integrated in the outer body of the motor. Has anyone either serviced or replaced the clutch? Or do I have to buy a replacement? Thanks, Mike

The clutch in not rebuildable but it can be cleaned and greased, also check gears as they are nylon and wear especially if you are over driving (to much power)the motor. It is guite easy to open the hub and replace parts but a caution on reassembly there is a alignment mark on the planetary gears. Clutch pictured.

Attachments

• 1654531804129430168077022892586.jpg
    1654531804129430168077022892586.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 244
Thanks for the picture. I was able to source a replacement clutch from Grin (not on their website but is available) for a reasonable cost. Replacement was easier than I had feared. The clutch is held into place with a spring steel wire clip. The holes (that hold shear pins) are just big enough to get a small tool in to lever the wire out. Then with a bit of tapping (i.e. tap the housing on a flat surface and the clutch will drift out), the clutch can be removed. Very nice design. Unfortunately, it did not solve my issue. The new clutch has more drag (I'm hoping it is just because its new) but its already started to free up. A couple of pictures for those curious. Not a lot I could find online. ./Mike

IMG_3801.jpegIMG_3802.jpegIMG_3804.jpeg

If you checked the nylon gears when the hub was open and they where good then I would think you have a controller problem which is out side my expertise, recheck the wiring and controller parameters.

Back