GNG 3000w broken?

VoodooChild

1 µW
Hey guys, having a bit of trouble here. I have a gng 3000w mid drive that I am attempting to use in my first ebike build.

I connected the throttle the first time and the motor spun backwards. I swapped around the colors of the phase wires (not hall) according to a diagram I saw instead of using the self learn wires, as the instructions were in Chinese and I did not know to do so. Afterwards, one of the 3 pins on the throttle control detached and I had to solder it back on.

Now, when I connect the throttle it briefly shows up to 5v on it’s voltmeter and then the light fades out, the motor does not spin either. I have since tried all combinations of a new controller and new throttle and nothing is working. I checked the resistance of the new controller from the negative to the phase wires and it measured 3kohms each, On the old controller it reads 9.14kohm. Did i blow a fet? did i short the motor itself? any advice appreciated. thanks

VoodooChild said:
Hey guys, having a bit of trouble here. I have a gng 3000w mid drive that I am attempting to use in my first ebike build.
Was it bought new, or used? If used, did it work on the bike it came from (meaning, did you see it operate correctly)?

I connected the throttle the first time and the motor spun backwards. I swapped around the colors of the phase wires (not hall) according to a diagram I saw instead of using the self learn wires, as the instructions were in Chinese and I did not know to do so. Afterwards, one of the 3 pins on the throttle control detached and I had to solder it back on.
Which wire? And where specifically did it detach from (and how did it do so)?

Now, when I connect the throttle it briefly shows up to 5v on it’s voltmeter
This implies that the throttle unit itself it has more than three wires, as a voltmeter usually has it's own battery voltage wire, and may have a separate ground for that or other wires for other functions not mentioned here.

and then the light fades out, the motor does not spin either

Are you certain that the wire that detached has been reconnected to the correct point, and that it is not connecting to any other points on that throttle / voltmeter unit? I ask because if it shows 5v on the meter, it implies the 5v line from the controller has been wired to the battery voltage line on the meter, instead of the battery voltage (or perhaps in addition to it, and the battery is being shorted out to the 5v on the controller, which may damage both of them and every other part wired to 5v, under the wrong circumstances).

I have since tried all combinations of a new controller and new throttle and nothing is working.
What does "nothing is working" mean, specifically? Do you mean that it powers on but does not operate as expected, or perhaps that it will not even power on at all, and that there is no voltage from teh battery even when not connected? Or something else?

As much detail as you can give will help us help you. :)

Back