Tsdz2 works but getting weaker

Hi!
I searched between the topics but can not find. When first time I started to use my Tsdz2, there was enough assist to ride 30-35 kph in Eco mode (less assist). Later I needed to put it to Tour mode, but a week ago I need to use the Speed mode and there is not much assist. I feel I need to push getting harder and in higher assist mode to earn the same speed.

There are some advices that the ground wire can corrode and need to clean/replace it. Maybe this causes the fault or something else?

I realize the battery is perfect, and there is no change in consumption.

Never ending improvements said:
... I feel I need to push getting harder and in higher assist mode to earn the same speed.
For troubleshooting the tsdz2 the source you can use is the wiki on Github

I don't know under which conditions you use your bike. I mean road, weather, mountain etc.
It is a known issue that the heat management of the tsdz2 is insufficient, because of some air gaps inside
Filling these gaps improve the cooling a lot. There is a chance that your bare motor is demagnetized by high temps.

Also this section of the wiki of the wiki is also interesting for you :wink:

Torque sensing requires adequate functionality of the rotating strain gauge and such gauges will eventually fail.
Someone should study SG replacement techniques and expose how relatively easy it is to replace an uncalibrated static (dynamic) strain gauge.
Because each and every one of these will fail and is inherently inaccurate ( no calibration between actual and measured stress etc ).
Failures will be due to various reasons over time and depending upon shock and vibration: but simply (?) require SG removal, surface prep, and skillful SG replacement.

Stealth_Chopper said:
Torque sensing requires adequate functionality of the rotating strain gauge and such gauges will eventually fail.....
Torque sensing of the tsdz2 isn't done with a strain gauge, but with a hall sensor, magnet, steady and rotating coil.

torquetsdz2.jpg

But indeed the weaker motorsupport could be a broken torquesensor too.
You must dissamble the motor to see what is wrong

Back