Tyre burst

djson280

100 µW
Hello

I have a Wayscral E200 E bike.

About 3 months ago,

While I was cycling slowly, on a flat cycle path.

I felt a vibration in my front wheel and a rumbling sound.

I stopped could not understand what it was.

Started off again.

A few seconds later the inner tube exploded.

Damaging the wheel.

4 days ago the same thing happened to my rear wheel!

Do you have any experience of something similar or thoughts?

Did you overinflate the tires? That would be my first guess.

That's a cheap bike made from cheap parts, including the rims and tires. They might not fit together as well as you'd hope. So they might be inclined to blow off even within the recommended pressure range.

The vibration and rumbling sound come from the tire moving out of place and rubbing on other parts of the bike. Then when the tube is no longer contained, it blows out.

Hi Chalo

Thanks for your reply.

The recommendations for tyre pressure is 60psi

I tend to put a little less, 55.

I have just taken the wheel off and allowed at the rim, it has a 5mm bend, blowout the tyre is fine..however the surprising thing is the inner tube is not burst.

My dilemma now is to buy another set of wheels from Wayscral or buy from somewhere else.

I contacted the 2 decent shops in town, who don't seem very interested.

Thanks

Il seen it (or heard it) irl, but that was for an old single rimed (ordinary) bicycle.

Heard the suggestion, to pump the tire in stages, and use the bike a few seconds in between, to assure inner tire isnt stucked or uneven..

Bike shop employee's tend to not get over joyed by seeing bso's come through their door, but bills and profit need to be made.

Best to learn to fix kids toys yourself.

E-HP said:
What is the width of the rim and what is the width of the tires you're mounting?

25mm 2.5cm 1 inch rimm. The tyre is 700x42

This is my cycle.

https://wayscral.com/fr/velo-ville-electrique/75-velo-de-ville-electrique-wayscral-everyway-e200-3501361196564.html

Attachments

• 20220623_141944.jpg
    20220623_141944.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 274
  • 20220623_141939.jpg
    20220623_141939.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 274
  • 20220623_141910.jpg
    20220623_141910.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 274
So now I am at the point of not being able to get any rimms from anywhere.

No one will sell me a rear rimm without the motor.

I have the motor.

I can get an electric bike rear rimm, double walled from Decathlon

https://www.decathlon.es/es/p/rueda-bicicleta-carretera-700-trasera-v-brake-pinon-libre-doble-pared-negra/_/R-p-200635?mc=8528051

It is 700 v brake same as my bike.

I just need to put the motor in the hub.

Would that work?

djson280 said:
So now I am at the point of not being able to get any rimms from anywhere.

No one will sell me a rear rimm without the motor.

You're looking in the wrong places, then.

Any decent bike shop should be able to measure your old rim's ERD and get you a replacement that can use the same spokes. But if I were you, I'd try to get new spokes too, because your old ones are probably cheap junk.

Measuring RIM is decently easy. Calipers and ParkTool video is all you need :)
https://www.parktool.com/en-int/blog/calvins-corner/measuring-effective-rim-diameter
https://www.parktool.com/en-us/blog/repair-help/tire-wheel-and-inner-tube-fit-standards

The problem you are describing sounds like a badly seated tire. This happens when you do not pay attention during inflating the the tube. Tires have to sit next to the bead/rim and when the tube is inflated you should make sure they do. Sometimes the drag of the tire prevents this and it looks like part of the tire is still in the rim.

If the only thing damaged is the rim, you can get rim transfer (unlikely with some old rim, spokes will probably not match).
You can measure the hub, rim and build the wheel yourself. Or you can ask a shop to do it. I would suggest first checking the second option. Because even if you build it, shops are not going to want to center it - so you will have to center it yourself.

All of that can be done at home, you can learn it. However from your posts I would venture a guess that it might be too much for you. No judgement there is plenty of good material on all of it online.

Back